Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What should I do to train for the Air Force?

Options
MicahWells2015
MicahWells2015 Posts: 10 Member
I want to try for the air force and have been training to pass a test called PAST (physical ability and stamina test) for the last couple of months. I can barely pass it right now but not at the scores I want. It requires 2x 25m underwater swim, 1.5 mile run, 500m swim, push-ups, pull ups, and crunches. When I started I was improving fast and now it seems like I'm stuck what should I do to push through this plateau?

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Talk to your recruiter. They will have suggested training plans for the tests. Best of luck.
  • MicahWells2015
    Options
    Thanks I've been trying to get in contact with a recruiter but he doesn't seem to like to reply to me very much
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    just remember you are going to go to boot camp and have a lot of time for physical training
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Take a look a this link. It describes the testing, gives some general suggestions and has additional links to a Facebook group of people preparing for the test as well as an email address for a Special Tactics Recruitment Liaison.

https://www.thebalance.com/past-test-requirements-3331760
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    IF you can pass it, and you have the desired attitude and psych scores you're in.

Heart and Mind are as important/more important than where you score on induction.

Best thing to do is find a Pedro and ask them.

• stanmann571
    Options
    just remember you are going to go to boot camp and have a lot of time for physical training

Yes, but challenging for PJ happens during basic and isn't going to make him super popular with his TI/Recruiter if he doesn't beat the test...
  • MicahWells2015
    Options

Thanks and I have to pass this test at least a week after meps which is before bmt
  • stanmann571
    Options
    Thanks and I have to pass this test at least a week after meps which is before bmt

You'll have to pass it again during BMT.