How many calories & clean eating foods

I am trying to eat "clean" (no processed) and I am trying to get back to eating gluten free, I have an intolerance but have been eating it anyway for awhile (not good I know). I recently started seeing a trainer and working on lifting. I know I need to up my calories for success. The trainer has me eating a minimum of 6oz of protein per meal which is very filling causing me to have trouble eating more calories. My BMR according to a nutritionist I saw last week is 1570 my weight 191 (GW is 150) height: 5'7" age 26.

Question 1: how many calories should I eat daily I am trying to gain muscle and loss inches.

Question 2: what are good "clean" foods to help add calories, specifically foods that will give me a lot of calories in smaller servings because I am very full from the recent increase in my protein intake.

thank you for your input in advance

Replies

• I eat mostly a plant based diet with protein and I have had successful weight loss (despite what MFP shows, I created a new one with new goals!). But I haven't been keeping track of calories because I find it difficult to eat excess calories when eating a plant and meat based diet! If I eat whole grains, I limit them to half a cup at most but usually 1/4 of a cup.

I know that this barely answers your questions, but all I know is keep it above 1200 calories a day!

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Thank you unfortunate due to gluten intolerance most grains are out :/ I can do rice and corn based but nothing wheat based. I added peanut butter today, I'm not crazy about it but it helped me at least add some calories. I don't know how I could ever hit 2000calories a day which I guess is what I'm supposed to eat I hope this does not cause me to have trouble building the muscles want to build