Anyone here a Vegetarian??

Options
I have been a Vegetarian almost a year now and have a lot of vegan habbits, looking to go full Vegen in the near future. Would love to make friends here with some people of the same mindset, feel free to add me! #plur

Replies

• hottmama14
    hottmama14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a vegetarian altho for only a few months now, but I am leaning towards pescatarian adding eggs and fish! I would love to hear more about ur tansition to vegan
  • NadiaSweety
    NadiaSweety Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been bouncing back and forth between full vegan, and vegetarian for 4+ years now. its an interesting path and it's good to have friends on the same journey. I would be happy to chat on the topic. =)
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Attempting to be vegan. I am already lactose intolerant and I am finding the less meat I eat the better my skin is/the better I sleep.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 10 years, lacto-ovo.
  • David_Marquiss
    David_Marquiss Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hottmama14 wrote: »
    I'm also a vegetarian altho for only a few months now, but I am leaning towards pescatarian adding eggs and fish! I would love to hear more about ur tansition to vegan

My wife got me started, we had been together for 3 years and I was a huge meat eater.... I finally opened my eyes and did the research, cut out all meat, I dont eat cheese or dairy products, and I dont drink cows milk. All thats left is my protein powder, and a belt I wear for work lol. Keep it up, it gets easier!
  • David_Marquiss
    David_Marquiss Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Attempting to be vegan. I am already lactose intolerant and I am finding the less meat I eat the better my skin is/the better I sleep.

Seriously, also the energy boost from your body not having to process all that meat! Its amazing!!!
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian but I my body cannot tolerate a lot of animal products, so I would love to connect with vegans/vegetarians and get some pointers on the lifestyle. Today for lunch I had a turkey wrap with 1 slice of cheese and was gagging because I was on animal product over load! Does anyone have any good lunch recipes that are vegan?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian but I my body cannot tolerate a lot of animal products, so I would love to connect with vegans/vegetarians and get some pointers on the lifestyle. Today for lunch I had a turkey wrap with 1 slice of cheese and was gagging because I was on animal product over load! Does anyone have any good lunch recipes that are vegan?

Any combination of fruit, vegetables, beans, and grains that strikes your fancy.

Today for lunch I had gazpacho (with hemp hearts for more protein), pickled green beans, and some roasted seaweed. Tomorrow will probably be the same.

I usually have leftovers from dinner for lunch, so this week I'll probably also have tacos with pinto beans and swiss chard, black-eyed pea and lentil soup, tofu and vegetable broth bowls, and brown rice and lentils.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Options

Thanks @janejellyroll , I love Grabanzo beans and I have heard that is you mash them up with avocado it goes really well on a wrap or sandwich with some veggies, thoughts?! I am also cautious about that once since too many carbs at once tends to make me sleepy lol
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Thanks @janejellyroll , I love Grabanzo beans and I have heard that is you mash them up with avocado it goes really well on a wrap or sandwich with some veggies, thoughts?! I am also cautious about that once since too many carbs at once tends to make me sleepy lol

Oh, yeah. I love chickpea salad! I've made it with avocado before and it's really good. You can toss in just about anything that you enjoy in a tuna or chicken salad and it is good. If you're looking to have fewer carbohydrates, you can always try it in a lettuce or collard wrap -- I will do that sometimes to control calories and it's good.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Options
    If I want to make up a batch for the week is it possible without the mashed avocado going brown? Or should I put the avocado on fresh each day?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    If I want to make up a batch for the week is it possible without the mashed avocado going brown? Or should I put the avocado on fresh each day?

For other chickpea salads, I make a big batch. But when I add avocado, I do that each day. It's okay maybe if I make two servings at once, but it tastes and looks best when it is fresh.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Options
    Okay thanks I think I am going to make some tonight! :)
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Options
    http://www.simple-veganista.com/

in my quest for meatless recipes I came across this blog and these recipes look amazing! Thought I'd share :)
    Has anyone ever tried any recipes from here?
  • RT342
    RT342 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been a pescatarian for a full year now! I personally had to bring back eggs and fish for energy reasons though if I can avoid and I'm feeling fine, I do.

My go to recipes:

Red Beans, Spinach and Cous Cous with Trader Joes Goddess Dressing
    Vegetarian Chili
    Veggie Scrambles/Omelets
    Tomato/Avocado Salad with Tuna
    Vegetarian or Shrimp Fajitas
    Roasted Vegetables with Rice or Cous Cous

I'm always looking for more recipes and even MORE now because I am trying to cut carbs.
  • deekayg
    deekayg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lacto-ovo pescatarian for 6.5 years.
    Brown rice with avocado, corn, black olives, black beans.
    Zoodles with red sauce or peanut sauce! Cucumber noodles with rice vinegar and sweet chili sauce. Soup.
  • Fatfurie
    Fatfurie Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I'm lactose intolerant so when I eat really low amounts of meat I start feeling better about myself (helping the environment and the cute animals) but I've never physically felt better.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan since November and was vegetarian for a few months before that. I'm trying to cook with more whole foods at the moment :)
  • Jordan1906
    Jordan1906 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Been slowly transitioning to vegetarian over the last couple months. Just started cutting down slowly and now fully
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I've been ovo-lacto vegetarian for over 25 years. I cook a lot of vegan recipes, too.