Feeling guilty

Options
So yesterday I ate nothing during the day and at night I went out to eat and ended up eating an entire pizza by myself plus half a bottle of wine. I felt really guilty and horrible about myself afterwards and ended up eating 2 bowls of cereal. Does this ever happen to you? If so , how do you deal with it ? My goal is currently recomp and maintaining weight.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't skip meals. Skip the guilt. If you can't do it just by deciding feeling guilty for eating is pointless and just leads to disordered eating, seek professional help.
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't skip meals. Skip the guilt. If you can't do it just by deciding feeling guilty for eating is pointless and just leads to disordered eating, seek professional help.

Oh no i did not skip meals ! The reason I did not eat all the day is because I am not used to eating breakfast and lunch. I only eat dinner :)
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Oh no i did not skip meals ! The reason I did not eat all the day is because I am not used to eating breakfast and lunch. I only eat dinner :)
    Only eating dinner is not skipping meals.
  • JustDoIt987
    Options

Yeah, thats what I said...
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Yeah, thats what I said...

Okay, what is the problem? Or is there a problem? A question, anything? I don't feel guilt for eating so I don't need to deal with it.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I ate nothing during the day and at night I went out to eat and ended up eating an entire pizza by myself plus half a bottle of wine. I felt really guilty and horrible about myself afterwards and ended up eating 2 bowls of cereal. Does this ever happen to you? If so , how do you deal with it ? My goal is currently recomp and maintaining weight.

Maybe you could try eating a small something for breakfast and lunch? Not eating all day and then binging all your calories in one meal can't be good for you :/
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you are working on recomp I seriously would not worry. Go and kill a workout and put those extra calories to good use. That is what I used to do if I had a bad day/meal. I always got in a killer workout after I taking in a lot of carbs. I used to be guilty of feeling guilt and then adding even more food to try and eat that guilt away. Don't shoot yourself in the foot that way. It was one pizza. Not two or three or four. Instead of he guilt, analyse the situation and find a way to avoid it in the future if it stresses you that much. Alternatively, put a positive spin on it as I suggested.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so how many cals over maintenance were you?
  • JustDoIt987
    Options

I cant say exactly. A pizza has about 2000 calories plus the wine which is about 300 calories and cereal about 700 calories. My maintenance calories are 2000 calories
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    If your goal is maintenance just put yourself on a small deficit until you're back to even. Easy peasy.
  • havesomejoe
    havesomejoe Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It happens to me from time to time. It's getting better though.

It's a relationship to food issue. You probably are like me and grew up using food as a way to numb yourself from stress. [post edited by MFP mods]
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I cant say exactly. A pizza has about 2000 calories plus the wine which is about 300 calories and cereal about 700 calories. My maintenance calories are 2000 calories

So not enough over to worry about then, IMO...

Take 100 cals a day off for the rest of this week and call it good.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    In the words of my daughter when things go wrong: deal with it.

You can't change the past. Accept that you had a setback and learn from it. Then move forward and remember that every day is a new opportunity to succeed.