Symbols for Weight Loss/Healthy Lifestyle

Options
I've been thinking about getting another tattoo but I haven't been sure what I wanted, and I don't want to get one just for the sake of getting one. I've decided I would like to get something when I reach my ultimate weight loss goal, signifying the healthier lifestyle I live now. But I really don't know what symbols I should start looking at. I was thinking of a phoenix, but my research says that has more to do with Christianity than new beginnings. I'd be grateful for any ideas you folks might have.

Replies

• Stef2752
    Stef2752 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to hear any responses- I'm doing the same thing and have no clue what to get. =)
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have no clue, but bumping for other people's responses.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with the phoenix. There is no connection to Christianity, as it is a Greek myth. It typically stands as a symbol of renewal and rebirth (which might be why it gets appropriated), which seems appropriate for leaving your unhealthy life behind and starting a new one out of the ashes of the old.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Check out Ouroboros. Its meaning is about re-creating/ something ending leading to a new beginning.