How do you overcome temptations?

Options
2»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Decide what is more important to you, hitting your weight goal or mindlessly eating some dollar store treat.
  • lessfoodmoreexercise
    Options
    Everytime I'm tempted by something I think: "In 5 minutes, or an hour, or a week, am I going to be glad I ate that?". It helps me to remember that as much as I want to eat it, the pleasure will be temporary and I'll be right back where I was before straight after.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Eat something fatty.. eggs cooked in real butter with avacado slices? Keeps you satiated. I just love how people are like, "Just say no!" Like it's THAT easy! For some it is, but for others, it's as bad as being addicted to drugs, cigs, sex.. etc.. there is no "Just say no.." It's a real struggle.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I got my first rando "woo" - *sniff* - I'm so proud!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I keep the tempting food away from me IF I can not have a serving and quit- I will usually find a good imitation or a healthier version of the tempting foods- that I can live with while I am "learning" to fit it into my macros or calorie range - for instance I STILL have to buy single serving of chips and keep them out in my car- because if NOT at night I will keep eating and eating- but with a single serving I ONLY bring the one in the house- usually am too lazy to get up - take off the alarm and go out to car to get a bag of chips- sometimes we just have to be a "strategist".
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I plan for a yummy snack every evening like a scoop of ice cream, a couple of cookies or some chips. Then I never feel like I'm dieting and don't get tempted because nothing is forbidden.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see a temptation, I remind myself of the greatest pain I've ever felt and remember what led me to have that pain (it was from a medical procedure I had last year, which was required due to my bad eating habits).
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I do cardio to burn the temptation calories off