Post-Injury comeback

I've been a fitness freak for nearly a decade until a serious cervical spine injury finally crushed my dreams of ever competing in anything. Ever.

I was directly into bodybuilding for a few years and was pretty serious, but was plagued by various tendon and joint injuries throughout my "career"; so I never quite launched into competition. I attained my ISSA personal trainer cert and was directly trained by one of the founders of the organization. I have an incredible amount of knowledge at my disposal, yet none of it applied to myself now that I've essentially become handicapped. For so many years I defined myself as the fitness guru, the master of muscle, the Adonis of abs. The injury that took me out gave me a year of pain and misery, and I tried to dull it with drinking. One day I looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe what had happened. I'm healing still, and now that I've languished in the loss of my precious body and spent my time in grief, I want to find a way back.

I can't do many of the exercised people would consider "core" to building muscle. But I refute this, and I WILL find a better way; with science! I may never compete, and I may never break another personal record again, but I'll be damned if I let depression and malaise take over my health. Feel free to watch this aging man pick himself up by his bootstraps, or watch me fail miserably. Either way it's bound to be interesting. Or at least kind of funny.