Water

Options
Drinking water is the hardest thing for me to do. I rarely drink anything at all but my body still retains water thus I'm on 2 water pills a day. Some days are better then others. I try to drink 2 bottles of water every day which is 4 cups but that's it. I've got flavoring but still don't drink enough. I don't know how to push myself to drink the clear stuff.

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Have you tried on infusing your water? They sell bottles that you fill with water then put fruit, cucumbers, mint etc in the middle and it flavors the water very nicely. Or if you think it I a mental block make it part of your daily routine. Tell yourself at 10 minutes past every hour (ex 3:10) you will drink ten gulps of water.
  • clarannebrowning
    clarannebrowning Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes I have 2 infusion bottles well on e now I broke my favourite one yesterday. I don't mind it but it's that I make it put it on the counter and never think of it again .
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Then my best advice is try to make it part of your routine and also remind yourself of all the health benefits of drinking water. Maybe put a list of your fridge about how drinking water helps with you skin, energy levels, can help you lose weight, and can even lower food cravings. Unfortunately there is no magic fix to make you want to drink more water just keep reminding yourself of how drinking water will help you reach your goals. :)
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I read on another MFP discussion thread, about a water reminder app called Plant Nanny. It makes drinking water into a game by using cute animated plants. The app sends you reminders periodically throughout the day and when you log the water drank, it waters your plant. You have to drink enough water to keep the plant alive.

I tried Plant Nanny and two other water drinking reminder apps side-by-side for a few days. Personally I prefer "Water Drink Reminder." It has a report feature showing your water drinking habits over time and you can edit the water drank within the last 24 hours, should you make a mistake or remember that you drank more than you logged. Neither function are available on Plant Nanny. (Plant Nanny also wanted permissions and unnecessary access to my phone which always irks me.)

This app also has a widget I put on my home screen to show my water consumption progress for the day and how much I have left to drink. You can set your own water goals to start slow and work your way up.

Anyway, just another tool to help stay accountable - especially for parts we most dread about getting healthy.

Best of luck in reaching your goals! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Drinking water is the hardest thing for me to do. I rarely drink anything at all but my body still retains water thus I'm on 2 water pills a day. Some days are better then others. I try to drink 2 bottles of water every day which is 4 cups but that's it. I've got flavoring but still don't drink enough. I don't know how to push myself to drink the clear stuff.

your body retains water because you aren't drinking enough.

it amazes me that the fix is pills and not just drinking more....

it doesn't have to be plain water, any liquid counts.