Thief of Joy

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Keto is something I thought I would die from. Carb flu = please put me out of misery.

Carbs are life for me.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    If only that funny and really intelligent lady with the forehead was here to explain.

*summoned*

What's up?

Hmmm is it really you?

Well. I have a substantial forehead and I'm here to help.

But when you find something amusing do you laugh or giggle?

Daytime laugher, nighttime giggler. You are asking all the right questions!

Only because I know she's lurking

Well, i have to confess i have no idea what's going on, but I'll support you in any way i can. Gatorade?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Actually though what the heck is keto

I get confused about ketosis and ketoacidosis. Like if you are on a keto diet is it like one step away from ketoacidosis? Or is that only for diabetics?

Girl, you are about to have the wrath of a couple dozen ketoers come down upon your head. :lol:
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Isn't it that thing where if you slip up and eat like one cupcake, you ruin all your hard work and gain 8 lbs overnight?

We call that keto? I've always called it friday.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Actually though what the heck is keto

I get confused about ketosis and ketoacidosis. Like if you are on a keto diet is it like one step away from ketoacidosis? Or is that only for diabetics?

In a nutshell:

Ketoacidosis is a dangerously high level of both high blood sugar & ketones at the same time in the body. This usually happens to people with Type 1 diabetes that can't produce insulin & occasionally with people that have untreated type 2 that can't produce enough insulin.

Ketosis is just the presence of ketones in the blood or urine from low carb/low blood sugar levels where the body produces them to use for fuel in the absence of sufficient glucose for fuel.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Who's the person here that had all the Reese cups without the peanut butter?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Who's the person here that had all the Reese cups without the peanut butter?

dzzn63syfuu7.png
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    So while doing it you just dont eat sugar or carbs or what?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Someone that willingly gives up carbs is not someone I want to associate with.

Just think what else they can do with that self-discipline. Like be a ninja. Or a samurai? I forget.