21 Day Without Sugar

Options
dtegtmeyer
dtegtmeyer Posts: 6 Member
I'm starting my 21 Day no sugar diet plan today. Want to feel healthy and full of energy. I'm needing support. Have 4 children and hubby who all like to eat. Help.

Replies

• tinakrystina
    tinakrystina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I really thought I was eating healthy and now I found out in not. I was just told no bananas and I was eating them every morning lol... I need help
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I really thought I was eating healthy and now I found out in not. I was just told no bananas and I was eating them every morning lol... I need help

Who told you you aren't eating healthy? Nothing wrong with bananas.
  • shiroyashida24
    shiroyashida24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My sister's been sugar free for over a month now and she's been experiencing great results. She doesn't get headaches anymore, feels less slugish and tired, and is actually able to focus better in school. After seeing what she's done I would recommend sticking to simple homemade meals until sugar cravings subside. Her favorite snack for cravings is whole wheat pasta with cheese (a geeat sugar free substitute for the microwave stuff!). Rice bowls filled with steamed or sautéd veggies are good too! She does let herself indulge in a sugar free or no added sugars treat every now and then. If your family has a sweet tooth and you want to feel included I recommend frozen yogurt from menchies (they always have no sugar added yogurt and healthy fruits and nuts for toppings) or vanilla coconut ice cream from raleys (check the ingredients, it's actually ice cream without sugar :)!
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    And I am a fan of reducing added sugars myself. But by added sugars I mean cane sugar, corn syrup, etc. Not fruits. Although, if you are diabetic, then you may have to watch your fruit intake at times if your sugar is not regulated. Other than that idk why someone would tell you bananas are bad for you.
  • jadefitnow
    jadefitnow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    21 days with no added sugar sounds easy and it's not! I'm in too- I am great with food all day, but terrible with sweets at night- it's led to a 10 lb yo-yo for the last 5 years and summer is my toughest time...
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do the same. But I am told to avoid processed carbs as well because they turn into sugar. This has not been easy and I have slipped up a couple of times. Would love to keep up with you.
  • Hiswill33
    Hiswill33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have did the Darebees No Sugar for 15 days a couple of times. Ive lost both times. I do not cut out any fruits. I don't eat any junk,chips,cookies,cakes,etc.
  • Mojame9
    Mojame9 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Why no bananas?
  • dtegtmeyer
    Options
    jadefitnow wrote: »
    21 days with no added sugar sounds easy and it's not! I'm in too- I am great with food all day, but terrible with sweets at night- it's led to a 10 lb yo-yo for the last 5 years and summer is my toughest time...

My evenings are tough. I get munchies. I have some downloads I will share. Good luck to all. We can do this
  • dtegtmeyer
    Options
    Most fruits have high naturally occurring sugars
  • Mojame9
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Added sugar is bad and can be reduced.
    Natural sugar occurs in most edibles under the sun.

I support the idea of no added sugar. I'm in for next 21 days on that. Tricky one for me coffee creamer - yep added sugar! Likewise the stick packs of ready mixed coffee 3 in 1. I had one today so I'll start the challenge... NOW! o:)
  • Mojame9
    Options
    jadefitnow wrote: »

Another problem with sweet at night is it'll make it more difficult to sleep and then that's a vicious circle. Try Chamomile Herbal Tea. If made right it has some sweetness and is soothing for sleep.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    munozrd wrote: »
    I am trying to do the same. But I am told to avoid processed carbs as well because they turn into sugar. This has not been easy and I have slipped up a couple of times. Would love to keep up with you.

@munozrd
    All carbs turn to sugar, whether in their natural state or processed.
    That's not a bad thing as it's what your body runs on.

Over consumption is the problem. If different food choices help you moderate your overall consumption then go for it but carbs aren't bad!
  • dtegtmeyer
    Options
    Day three
    Didn't add sugar to anything
    had strawberries tonight I realize fruits do have natural sugars but don't think I can give those up

My wt today 174
  • Libmatos
    Libmatos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Uh, thanks but since I payed, looks like I promoted myself! So, patting self on the back for committing to my health. ;)
  • Libmatos
    Libmatos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oops, wrong blog!
  • Mojame9
    Options
    OMG avoiding added sugar is really difficult!
    Almost every loaf of bread has added sugar! Even the Chipotle Sauce I added to my tomato juice has added sugar! It's supposed to be a HOT sauce. WTF!
  • Mojame9
    Options
    dtegtmeyer wrote: »
    Day three
    Didn't add sugar to anything
    had strawberries tonight I realize fruits do have natural sugars but don't think I can give those up

Exactly. Can't avoid natural sugars. But adding sugar out eating (processed) food with added sugar should be possible... Errm..

The thing I noticed was how sweet things taste once the routine of avoiding added sugar starts. Previously I found even coffee with nothing added has a sweetness. Fruit and veg starts tasting really sweet!

I reckon that's why kids don't enjoy f and v as they've had so much extra sugar in sweets and drinks.
  • Mojame9
    Options
    My sister's been sugar free for over a month now and she's been experiencing great results. She doesn't get headaches anymore, feels less slugish and tired, and is actually able to focus better in school. After seeing what she's done I would recommend sticking to simple homemade meals until sugar cravings subside. Her favorite snack for cravings is whole wheat pasta with cheese (a geeat sugar free substitute for the microwave stuff!). Rice bowls filled with steamed or sautéd veggies are good too! She does let herself indulge in a sugar free or no added sugars treat every now and then. If your family has a sweet tooth and you want to feel included I recommend frozen yogurt from menchies (they always have no sugar added yogurt and healthy fruits and nuts for toppings) or vanilla coconut ice cream from raleys (check the ingredients, it's actually ice cream without sugar :)!

This is great! I love sauteed veg. Or slow roasted.
    Going to check the ingredients on that ice cream. I hope it's not a trick. Eg using corn fructose syrup or something. That's just sugar!
  • dtegtmeyer
    Options
    Day 5.
    Wt 174.5. Fell off wagon yesterday. Ate fried oreo at work they were trying out different snack foods.
    Any ideas on easy sweet fixes