Help me! Confusing negative calorie adjustment?

1sssg89oxjbp.png

Can someone help me understand why I still have a negative calorie adjustment when I've done 30,000 steps and have always had my activity level set to the lowest setting?

Ps. Definitely don't panic about how little I've eaten I'm literally ordering pizza as I post

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Why do you log walking if you have a step tracker linked? Personally I think if you're logging so much extra exercise it can only be a good thing that it's correcting it a bit.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Why do you log walking if you have a step tracker linked? Personally I think if you're logging so much extra exercise it can only be a good thing that it's correcting it a bit.

What she said. It's because you're logging the same exercise here. It's correcting for that.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member

Agree.
    I would guess the manually entered exercise cals are more than the what tracker adjustment would be.
    You certainly wouldn't want a positive adjustment from the tracker, as that would be "double dipping."
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,178 Member
    edited August 2017
    Looks perfectly correct to me, including the fact that you have a good 1600 calories left to eat.

You recorded 30K steps and polar flow gave you a -224 adjustment

Polar flow detected a "real" adjustment over your MFP base calories of 1204-224=980 Cal.
    Had you not logged anything extra on MFP, Polar Flow would have issued a positive 980 Cal adjustment over your base MFP calories.
    But, since you logged 1204 exercise Cal on MFP, polar flow had to give you a -224 adjustment in order to bring your balance down to the 980 Cal mark it actually detected.