Squat proof leggings for ladies

Options
hi all, im looking for a good quality squat proof legging. All the ones i have tried tend to go rather see through when i squat, and aint nobody wonna see dat in the gym.
any help greatfully received.

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've not had problems with Lululemon crops or VSX capris.
    Also Marika Tek from TK Maxx have been fine for me too.

If in doubt, buy one size up.
    If the fabric is stretched tight BEFORE you squat, then it's not going to stand much of a chance!

(I also found it's just more comfortable to buy leggings/shorts/capris whatever with a gusset, and not wear underwear with them. Maybe that's just me. But if they do go a tiny bit see through when I squat, then there's simply nothing to see! I spent too many pilates classes behind girls wearing thongs under see-through leggings and that is the WORST.)
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I wear soccar shorts or basketball shorts because of that issue. If you're uncomfortable in shorts, wear tights/leggings under them. Also, switch to runners tights instead of leggings. They are made to be stretched out and not become see through.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs in one size bigger that I use for squats and leg day.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Fabletics has the most excellent workout pants I've used to date.
  • cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret Sport leggings are the best!
  • kezzakim
    kezzakim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have been looking at fabletics and lululemon. ill give trhem a try in a size up too.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    cmh308 wrote: »
    Victoria Secret Sport leggings are the best!

I love them too!
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fabletics and Gymshark have successfully passed all my squat tests
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Lululemon, black only. They are pricey, but I LOVE the thick fabric and they move well with me (I run, do cycle classes and lots of kettlebell exercises including squats). If you have a store you can go try them on, I'd highly suggest it as some of the fabric isn't the same on all their leggings. Plus I love the side pockets for my phone.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lululemon and some Zella.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer has legging that are really thick.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I usually buy my workout gear from Winners/TJ Maxx because it's always a lot cheaper. And you can bet that I will try them on in the change room and do a super deep squat to see if they go see-through! I have my fiance check for me too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Walmart used to have leggings by Danskin that I really liked but I'm not crazy about them since they've boosted the spandex content to 10% - too thick and hot for me but might be perfect for others.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-Dri-More-Ankle-Core-Leggings/10927609?variantFieldId=actual_color
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I really like Fabletics, too. Vimia is a favorite--major compression support. These ones in particular make your butt look great! https://yogaoutlet.com/p/vimmia-plie-yoga-leggings-8141619/?color=31006
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I never thought about that. oh boy .....
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    yet another vote for fabletics
  • lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've had excellent luck with black compression Old Navy leggings from their Active line. I have a friend who powerlifts and also uses Old Navy compression leggings.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Fabletics or Under Armor are my faves. I've never had any issues with either of them showing anything in a squat. Fabletics tend to be thicker and higher compression, and my UA ones feel thin and I was worried about them showing, but even after several years they've held up very well. I have two pairs that are getting too big now, so I have to retire them soon and I'm genuinely bummed about that.

I've found VS leggings to be hit or miss. I have one pair that is awesome, and one pair that I have to be more careful in (running: yes, squats: no). I just ordered another pair in the pant + sports bra + tank for $60 sale, so I hope they're thick enough.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I used shorts on leg day, I think they are UA or Nike.. I can't remember. They are dark and the fabric is conservative.

I wear Adidas soccer shorts myself. I think I have every color except white.