Frustrated

Options
I'm not new to weight loss. In 2007 I weighed 230 pounds, and through diet and exercise (healthy foods, counting calories, getting healthy), I lost around 80 pounds and kept it off...until I had a baby. I gained 50 pounds while pregnant, in spite of continuing to eat a healthy amount of good food (and ate for for 1, not 2) and exercise 5 days a week. I hit 190 while pregnant and lost back down to 160, and never could lose another pound.

Fast forward five years and I am still fighting the fight. I can NOT lose weight, and randomly gain weight a couple of times a year that won't come off. It's not hormonal - the doctors say that's fine and "not possible" on the pill. I do cardio and weights. I've eaten my "weight loss" calories from before and nothing. I've increased calories and nothing. I've QUIT counting and ate whatever I wanted for a few days before picking back up and nothing. The only thing that semi-worked was the 21 Day Fix, but I was working out so much and eating so little I had to quit about a week in because I was getting sick. All 5 pounds of that weight loss came back immediately.

So I'm at the point where all I haven't tried is a "fad" like Plexus or straight up starving myself and I'm considering both. Someone tell me you've been in the same boat and there's an answer? Please? Plexus doesn't need my money....

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    if you're not losing weight you're not in a deficit.

this. are you weighing everything you eat???
  • mindiv
    mindiv Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually am. I've ranged from 1,400 calories per day for many weeks to 1800 per day for many weeks and different levels in between over the past 5 years. I don't know how I couldn't be in a deficit. Like there's no possible way. I measure and weigh.
  • mindiv
    Options
    And I don't "eat back" calories
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    have you had your thyroid checked since having your baby?
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    can you open up your diary? its closed.
  • mindiv
    Options
    mbaby86 wrote: »
    have you had your thyroid checked since having your baby?

It's in the normal range. A doctor recently tested my free testosterone level and it was in the "low normal range" so they put me on a tiny amount of testosterone.
  • mindiv
    Options

Sure....if I can figure out how. Right now it's a train wreck though. I've been in "I don't care" mode all summer. If you want to see normal, go back to like April/May....
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    mindiv wrote: »
    I actually am. I've ranged from 1,400 calories per day for many weeks to 1800 per day for many weeks and different levels in between over the past 5 years. I don't know how I couldn't be in a deficit. Like there's no possible way. I measure and weigh.

as a previous poster noted - if you are not losing you are not in a deficit - it is as simple as that - you just need to find out where you are going wrong (hint - it is almost always logging/measurement issues)
  • Muscleflex79
    edited August 2017
    Options

Sure....if I can figure out how. Right now it's a train wreck though. I've been in "I don't care" mode all summer. If you want to see normal, go back to like April/May....

within a minute of looking I can see that most of your entries are in cups, pieces, slices and tablespoons - not weight measurements (and I did look back in April - but your current ones have the same problem). if you want to be accurate you need to weigh your food - not put "one slice/piece/cracker/cup" etc.
  • mindiv
    Options

as a previous poster noted - if you are not losing you are not in a deficit - it is as simple as that - you just need to find out where you are going wrong (hint - it is almost always logging/measurement issues)

But this is where it's frustrating...I can eat PERFECTLY. I can log and weigh every single thing I eat without fail for weeks. I can plan everything out perfectly and eat PERFECTLY on plan...and nothing. Nothing. So even logging and measuring completely accurately does nothing.
  • mindiv
    Options

But this is where it's frustrating...I can eat PERFECTLY. I can log and weigh every single thing I eat without fail for weeks. I can plan everything out perfectly and eat PERFECTLY on plan...and nothing. Nothing. So even logging and measuring completely accurately does nothing.

see my previous response - your logging is FAR from perfect or accurate.

And see my response about how I know it's been a train wreck. You're gonna have to take it from me...there have been times where it's been spot ON and there's been no change.
  • Muscleflex79
    Options

And see my response about how I know it's been a train wreck. You're gonna have to take it from me...there have been times where it's been spot ON and there's been no change.

within a minute of looking I can see that most of your entries are in cups, pieces, slices and tablespoons - not weight measurements (and I did look back in April - but your current ones have the same problem). if you want to be accurate you need to weigh your food - not put "one slice/piece/cracker/cup" etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

in your April logs you had cups, grams and ounces as measurements...

spot ON for what time frame?
  • mindiv
    Options

in your April logs you had cups, grams and ounces as measurements...

spot ON for what time frame?

A previous time frame, before I lost my mind lol. See response above