My favorite protein bar recipe! What protein powder brands/flavors should I try next?

Options
abbynormalartist
abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
I've been loving making homemade protein bars but I'd like to try some new flavors. So far I've just made variations of chocolate and peanut butter with Optimum Nutrition Whey protein powder. Any ideas on other good brands and flavors to try? I was thinking about cookies and cream next.

Here's my current recipe: 6 bars at 266 calories, 22 grams of protein
2 cups rolled oats (ground up in the blender to make flour)
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoon honey
enough water to get to a doughy consistency

I'd love it if I could find a brand that sold smaller tubs of protein so I don't have to spend $50 on a giant tub of powder that I might not care for. Thanks!

Replies

• jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Quest protein powder comes in individual serving size packets at GNC and I think the Vitamin Shoppe. They have chocolate, peanut butter, salted caramel, and cinnamon crunch that I've enjoyed. PES has small-ish tubs but they're still pricey.

If you're okay ordering a bunch online, the site my bariatric pantry sells variety packs of sample sizes of protein powders.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Vitamin shoppe has several that come in sample!e size envelopes. But I didn't care for any of them! I agree, I wish it was possible to try out more brands.