Cringe

Options
abetterme9366
abetterme9366 Posts: 3,061 Member
What's the most cringeworthy thing you've ever done to impress someone you were interested in? What's the worst thing someone has done to impress you? Did it work?

When I was 17, I was at a pool party with a guy I was really crushing on. I decided it was going to be so impressive to dive into the pool and showcase how great of a swimmer I was? I don't know. In any case, I dove in, hit the bottom like a rock with my chin. When I came up for air there was no skin left on my chin and I'm bleeding all into the water like a monster. People were freaking out because the water was making it look like there was so much more blood than there really was. Pretty much killed the party and humiliated myself at the same time. Not to mention the fact that there was no way to hide it so I had to relive it every time someone asked about my chin while it took its sweet time healing. I did marry him a few years later so I guess it worked. I still cringe when I think back on it.

What's your story?

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    My best friend in high school was having a party at her house. I invited this guy I worked with that I was totally crushing on. To try to impress him, I would try to show off the white girl dance skills I thought I had. When I later learned how to dance, I realized I looked like a complete *kitten* that night. But I still got the guy so who cares.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Mine didn't happen because I was trying to impress a guy but it happened in front of the guy I liked.

I was 14, all elbows and knees, and super shy. I sat with a big group of kids that was always split with all the girls at one table and the guys at the next table. I got off the bus last so I was always sitting somewhat crammed into the guys' section. One day when a bunch of girls got up to get food, I moved from my chair to a closer one. When I went to sit down, I just kept falling. I hit the floor and bounced right back up, already feeling my face flame red. I turned and saw a guy holding my chair back and laughing. I felt so humiliated that I actually took a swing at him. That's not the worst part. I missed, and punched him in the neck.

Then we all sat down and resumed whatever we were doing while I died inside. I heard the guy I like ask him "did that hurt?" Of course he said no.

By some miracle I did end up dating the guy I liked. We never spoke of the thing. :lol:
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I showed my wife something on the fourth date. Outside Barnes and Nobles in the parking lot.

Your socks?
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    it wasn't really "cringe" i guess but more "stupid" idk but i got into my first fistfight when i was 14 i think with this 17 year old guy. it was over a girl. he beat the piss out of me and ripped open the corner of my mouth with one of his rings. i had to drink everything through a straw for a while after. i was so heartbroken because i was absolutely in love with her at the time.

i remember, before the beating, i started listening to country because of her at the time even (so technically that was pretty cringe i guess)

last i ever heard of/saw him he still lives in our old hometown with his grandmother and weighs like 500 pounds. she went off and had like 3 kids by the time she was 21 and then vanished.

love can be so fickle lol

Let's drive by his house and throw fad diet stuff at him.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    it wasn't really "cringe" i guess but more "stupid" idk but i got into my first fistfight when i was 14 i think with this 17 year old guy. it was over a girl. he beat the piss out of me and ripped open the corner of my mouth with one of his rings. i had to drink everything through a straw for a while after. i was so heartbroken because i was absolutely in love with her at the time.

i remember, before the beating, i started listening to country because of her at the time even (so technically that was pretty cringe i guess)

last i ever heard of/saw him he still lives in our old hometown with his grandmother and weighs like 500 pounds. she went off and had like 3 kids by the time she was 21 and then vanished.

I know where you could get baking soda cheap
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I'll bring the coconut oil.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I'll bring the coconut oil.

So i guess all we need is the acv and a water fast and we're set!
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    bl428t9q7eh9.gif

y78wh7vyv2he.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

You should make sure he's actually breaking rules first. Just a friendly suggestion.

Maybe that person is jealous of your fashion sense? Since I bet whoever you are talking about, and I have no idea who you are talking about, probably only pretends to have any kind of fashion sense and could easily be called out for being an imposer.

Just a guess.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    bl428t9q7eh9.gif

I found another version of this gif last night, but I can't post it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    bl428t9q7eh9.gif

I found another version of this gif last night, but I can't post it.

Sonofa