Needing a kick in the buns...

Options
So, I'm starting tomorrow morning, again. I need to lose 35 lbs to get back to my pre-preggo weight. My youngest baby is 4.5 years old, so I can't call it baby weight any more. I need to do this, I've stopped and started and stopped and started but have never gotten anywhere. So tomorrow morning I'm starting and I'm not looking back. I can't not be in pictures with my kids, I can't avoid the mirror, I absolutely need the woman in my head to match the woman in the mirror. They are so far apart, that I am almost shocked when I look in the mirror. I can't believe how far I am from the woman I think I am. Any tips to help me get kick started? Any encouraging words? Anybody want to friend me and cheer me on. My goal, although I don't really want to put a date on it, is to lose my 35 lbs by next Valentine's day. We go to a bi-annual meeting with a close group of colleagues. I don't usually see them outside of the meetings, so I really want to be at my goal weight by the next time we get together. Doable? Anybody use mini goals to help them? Any ideas for some mini goals I could set for myself? Thanks so much!

ps- I changed my profile picture from one of my boys, whom I LOVE, to one of me, that I hate. But it is actually what I look like as of last week on a biking vacation. It is who I am, and as I change, the photo will too!!!

Replies

• Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love using mini goals. It keeps it interesting and keeps my motivation going. I lost 85 pounds, but only kept it off for three years and now I'm back (starting tomorrow) to lose about 30 that I put back on. I totally get your motivation, your kids.... mine are what keep me going!
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I too am looking to "start again". Last year I lost 26 lbs and was the lowest I've been since early high school years. I felt great. Then a vacation in november, holidays, and excuse after excuse, and now I've gained back 17 of those pounds. I just weighed and measured myself and it's so disapointing to see I'm exactly where I was a year ago. Hoping to make a better change, and not let myself go again. I'm starting 30 day shred tomorrow as I love the huge difference it can make in just 30 min/day for a month.