Should I eat more?

Options
vanessark
vanessark Posts: 15 Member
I usually try not to eat back my exercise calories but today I burned over 700 calories in exercise (according to my polar ft4). I did the 30 day shred and went on a long bike ride with a friend. My net calorie today is only at 902... should I eat a couple more calories to get my net to around 1200 or just leave it be? I don't want to be starving myself and has happened a few times.

What do you think I should do?

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'm not sure, I'm pretty wary of the calories my polar tells me I've burned because it's always worryingly high. I'd say at least eat back to your net? Anyone else have any ideas?
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    I usually try not to eat back my exercise calories but today I burned over 700 calories in exercise (according to my polar ft4). I did the 30 day shred and went on a long bike ride with a friend. My net calorie today is only at 902... should I eat a couple more calories to get my net to around 1200 or just leave it be? I don't want to be starving myself and has happened a few times.

What do you think I should do?

902 is probably fine for your net but you could eat a couple hundred more calories if you like and it wouldn't hurt or even less.
    Your net is just your food minus your exercise, it depends on your age, gender, height, weight and exercise level how many calories you should be consuming. Based on what I think your measurements are your daily summary should look like this
    if you eat more food: Goal1600 Food2000 Exercise-700 Net=1300........less food: goal1600 food1200 exercise-700 net=500
    So your net should probably be between 500 and 1300, use this calculator(http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) to get a more accurate reading, good luck!