does this drive anyone else nuts?

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
stock-footage-businessman-with-hand-on-colleagues-shoulder-on-greenscreen.jpg

personal space should come with a consent agreement...

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I felt like this kid yesterday on the bus. I'm not trying to fat shame but some people are so darn inconsiderate. If you know you're that big, find a dam n seat by yourself. Don't sit on my f ucking lap. I don't even want your arm touching mine. Okay rant over. Thanks.

1414542045717_wps_1_Big_Man_Listening_to_Ster.jpg

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have one coworker who has an extremely large chest and often touches us with it leaning in to look at things on the computer...its awkward. We don't know if she is aware she is doing it or not.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have a friend who, when he talks to you is literally almost toe to toe...if you take a step back, he takes a step forward and you're basically toe to toe...I cut him some slack though because he's not from this country and I'm thinking that this might be the norm where he's from.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I have a friend who, when he talks to you is literally almost toe to toe...if you take a step back, he takes a step forward and you're basically toe to toe...I cut him some slack though because he's not from this country and I'm thinking that this is the norm where he's from.

Or that's what he wants you to think.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just tell the person that you don't want to be touched or you need a little more space. Don't put up with something if you feel uncomfortable with it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I have one coworker who has an extremely large chest and often touches us with it leaning in to look at things on the computer...its awkward. We don't know if she is aware she is doing it or not.

As someone with a bigger chest, she is aware. Trust me.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who, when he talks to you is literally almost toe to toe...if you take a step back, he takes a step forward and you're basically toe to toe...I cut him some slack though because he's not from this country and I'm thinking that this might be the norm where he's from.

I'd flip my shiz.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I have a friend who, when he talks to you is literally almost toe to toe...if you take a step back, he takes a step forward and you're basically toe to toe...I cut him some slack though because he's not from this country and I'm thinking that this is the norm where he's from.

Or that's what he wants you to think.

Lol...nah...he's middle eastern and from what I understand, personal space isn't really a thing...
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Omg! The guys breath I work with smells like he's been chewing on a turd! I swear it's torture.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Once when a particularly chesty nurse was taking my blood pressure, she put my arm palm-up on her desk and then leaned forward and placed her left boob right in my hand. She just smiled blandly at me and pumped up the cuff. So i fondled the hell out of that handful until she was done.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Omg! The guys breath I work with smells like he's been chewing on a turd! I swear it's torture.

That's an image that just pooped into my head that I'd rather erase. Thanks pal!

Edited to add that pooped was a legit typo, but I'm gonna leave it. Judges?

Lmao... perfectly placed typo!
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options

There's a whole Seinfeld episode about close talkers
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

youre a police officer im guessing he is one also. he has to socialize with different people im guessing hes been called out on it lol

Dude you're so right! I've actually felt sorry for some of these poor guys that I've seen him chewing their *kitten*.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I had a substitute maths teacher in high school and she clearly drank a lot of green tea. Her breath was so vile, I tried to avoid asking questions as often as possible.

Based on your posts I'd love to sit in class and hear what you'd have to say.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I had a substitute maths teacher in high school and she clearly drank a lot of green tea. Her breath was so vile, I tried to avoid asking questions as often as possible.

Based on your posts I'd love to sit in class and hear what you'd have to say.

Actually this sparked a thought. Could you imagine a sitcom with the personalities from these threads?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    yi09blb394mm.gif
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    In a nightclub I once found myself talking to a very nice man from Botswana who during the conversation would touch my chest/sternum whenever he said "you". I had to explain to him that it was not the done thing here in the UK. That touching a woman you did not know especially in that area was going to get him into trouble. But it was a normal thing for him.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Cough n sneeze on them.