Keto calculator

Options
Anyone here know of a keto calculator that I can log my food into? MFP is nice and all, but it doesn't separate net carbs from composite carbs. It makes it difficult staying under 5% carbs while trying to get in 70% fats.. Free would be preferable but I'll hear your favorites.

Replies

• Tenacity149
    Tenacity149 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add net carbs - go to CavemanKeto and under Keto Resources it tells you how to configure MFP for Keto. I just did it this afternoon.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If wants me to download stuff on my computer.. I use a phone.
  • CriQue312
    CriQue312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    KetoDiet app is great you do pay, but it's minimal. When I started you paid a little for different recipe additions only if you wanted them. The app changed a bit last year when I took a break from it but it's thorough and full of resources that are keto focused.
  • CriQue312
    CriQue312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can change your macro percentages here in mfp. Tweak til it gets your carbs fats n proteins where you like, even on free. It's under goals.
  • GlassAngyl
    Options
    CriQue312 wrote: »
    You can change your macro percentages here in mfp. Tweak til it gets your carbs fats n proteins where you like, even on free. It's under goals.

Yeah.. I tweaked it to 5% carbs.. but its total not net. I go "over" mfp's total just in lettuce alone. If it was net, I wouldnt come close to it. Ill try out that keto app and see if I like it. I want MFP for everything else but I need something more accurate for Keto.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You could always just set total carbs slightly higher than what you want in net carbs and then include fibre in your macro display - just do quick mental math.

• GlassAngyl
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    You could always just set total carbs slightly higher than what you want in net carbs and then include fibre in your macro display - just do quick mental math.

I added a fiber macro so I could do just that. ☺️
  • franniwi
    franniwi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have my carbs set to 34g, since it's all from vegetables, eggs, nuts/seeds, and my net limit is 25.