Pregnancy

Options
Hello everyone, so I have a question or concern with the topic of pregnancy. Now I've been on my lifestyle change for a little o c.f. re a year and successfully lost a little over 30 lbs. Now it may be self centered or what have you, but my husband and I would love to have children, but I can't seem to get over the thought that all my years hard work would be ruined and I'll never get back to this body again after pregnancy. Can anyone whos gone through this help me? I know this probably seems self centered but i did put in a lot of work and obviously my child would be mlre important than what my body looks like, but would I be able to get back to this body? Thanks for any feedback. Cheers!

Replies

• mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    sflann50 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, so I have a question or concern with the topic of pregnancy. Now I've been on my lifestyle change for a little o c.f. re a year and successfully lost a little over 30 lbs. Now it may be self centered or what have you, but my husband and I would love to have children, but I can't seem to get over the thought that all my years hard work would be ruined and I'll never get back to this body again after pregnancy. Can anyone whos gone through this help me? I know this probably seems self centered but i did put in a lot of work and obviously my child would be mlre important than what my body looks like, but would I be able to get back to this body? Thanks for any feedback. Cheers!

obviously I haven't physically been through that, but with hard work you can have a baby and get back to a great body.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well the only advice I can give is just watch what you are eating and drinking and keep exercising. I put on some weight with my first child and didn't lose much after him and became pregnant when he was a year and a half and I did much better and actually weighed the same after I had my second as when I got pregnant with him. It was going on the depo shot for basically 9 years in a row that caused me to gain so much weight and it also caused my hypothyroidism and my pcos. So I am now losing weight so I can try for baby number 6 if I can get my body to ovulate again. Good luck to you!
  • ticky23
    ticky23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put on just over 4.5 stone after my daughter BUT if you go back to your healthy lifestyle like I did and exercise your body will come right back it took me 8 months to shift the 4.5 stones of extra weight so to answer your question yes you can get your body back.