Have you been eating your greens?

Options
Hi Y'all!

I dropped off for a month or 2 due to life being super crazy. I'm back to logging my food as I'm working to be more accountable. I love seeing other diaries and while the people I've added to my list are great and supportive, their diets are no so great.

I really aim to get veggies in, salads, etc. I'm hoping to find some friends on here who are or trying to do the same. Do you work to get those veggies into your meals? I'd love to be friends with you as I want some healthy eating supporters. It reminds me that some folks are working to consume healthy foods and not just get under their calorie number. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I usually try and get in my greens, both because they are healthy and I really, really like fruit and vegetables. But I do not always manage, more for the reason that I have a small fridge and sometimes just run out before I have time to go to the store to buy more. But feel free to add me of you are interested in someone who not always hits the goal.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    There's a fruit and vegie "challenge" thread you might like to jump on to...

I have to make an effort to eat less vegetables. I was eating 2+kgs a day, but have cut that back to 1-1.5kgs.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'll check for that thread and omg lots of veggies!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Yes, always!!! When I watch a movie or read, my go-to munchi snack is a bag of baby spinach. The family sized bag. I ate the whole thing watching Kong: Skull Island.
    I love veggies!!! All vegetables, I haven't had a vegetable that I don't like, ever.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    "Eat your greens" has been my mantra this whole year! I've lost 30 lbs by changing my diet and centering meals around greens -- and I NEVER feel "denied." I'm not so good about logging food lately (summer!) but I'll get back to it now (I teach college and the semester is starting up again -- I'll be much more "grounded" in a couple of weeks!) Add me as a friend if you'd like. I start the morning with fruit -- banana, peaches, berries, clementine or cantaloupe -- and lunch and dinner are big salads with good protein. I also like steaming cauliflower and broccoli and eating whole big bowls of that combo -- raw zucchini sliced up also makes great "snacking" --dip it into guacamole -- better than chips! Oh -- and I have modified my mantra a tiny bit -- to "Eat your ORGANIC greens!" Good eating! Look for the book "Eat to LIve" (Joel Furhman) -- I don't ever have to write a diet/cookbook, because this is the one I would write. Really good info and advice.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have a VERY green smoothie every morning: 2 big handfuls of spinach, 1 small cucumber, celery, tangelo juice, banana and some soaked almonds. 3 - 4 serves of veg in one hit and powers me through my early hike. I can recommend it as a great way to start the day