Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gain weight

Hello!
I'm looking for some tips and help on my journey, inspiration and motivational msg and friends!
I'm 33 years old, 1,60 cm height and 43kg don't judge before u know me I'm not anorexic bulimic like some people think or crazy because slim is better and I feel like being to skinny and talking about it is not ok since there's lot of people that struggle to lose it! Well this is me a fight and struggle to be healthy since anxiety and stress issues had depression etc that affect my eating habits combined with chronic anaemia and iron deficiencies toke me to where I'm now! So guys help me out give me ideas and tips to reach my goal of what I was before a happy healthy person!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Hi Sofia

To gain weight you need to eat a surplus of calories. If you just eat more than your maintenance, you'll likely gain purely fat, which won't be healthy - adding some weight in the form of muscle, through progressive resistance training whilst eating in a surplus, will help you more in terms of long term health.

Exercise and training seems to help many people with depression, stress and anxiety, so incorporating weight training may also be beneficial to you in that sense.

Never feel like your issues are any easier or less important than someone else's. Trying to gain weight and get healthy from being underweight can be equally as challenging as going the other way!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hello!
    I'm looking for some tips and help on my journey, inspiration and motivational msg and friends!
    I'm 33 years old, 1,60 cm height and 43kg don't judge before u know me I'm not anorexic bulimic like some people think or crazy because slim is better and I feel like being to skinny and talking about it is not ok since there's lot of people that struggle to lose it! Well this is me a fight and struggle to be healthy since anxiety and stress issues had depression etc that affect my eating habits combined with chronic anaemia and iron deficiencies toke me to where I'm now! So guys help me out give me ideas and tips to reach my goal of what I was before a happy healthy person!

peanut butter
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    for some reason exercise exacerbates my anxiety.. maybe because i get so keyed up.. as for the weight gain.. starh it up.. potatoes.. pasta and bread...