Protein powder

Options
Which is the best and pocket friendly pritein powder for weight loss ?
what about healthkart slim shake ???

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein powder isn't for weight loss. It's a way to supplement your protein intake if you can't get enough through your normal diet. Protein may keep you feeling full longer, helping you stick to your deficit more easily. Sufficient protein may also help you maintain muscle.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You can eat and drink anything you want. You lose weight through a consistent calorie deficit.

"Weight oss" shakes, powders and pills are only designed to make you lose money.

Protein shakes is for getting in more protein if you can't get enough through diet.
  • ayushinigam294
    ayushinigam294 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am not able to complete my daily protein requirement..so i want a protein supplement that doesn't have any opposite effect on weight loss
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein powder doesn't make you lose or gain weight. Your calorie intake controls whether you lose, maintain or gain weight. Get a protein supplement and account for it in your intake.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What is your daily protein requirement, and your calorie goal, and where have you got those numbers from? Ordinary people have ordinary daily protein requirements and usually no difficulty reaching them.

Protein is a macronutrient and therefore calories, so adding protein will add calories, and when losing weight, we want to eat less - so make sure you aren't spinning your wheels here.
  • JonMacFit
    JonMacFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am not able to complete my daily protein requirement..so i want a protein supplement that doesn't have any opposite effect on weight loss

Any source of protein will have calories (on average protein contains 4 calories per gram but you do burn some digesting it). Shakes can be a nice choice as they can feel like a sweet treat while usually not being too high in calories but they are all different so I would suggest looking for one with over 20g per serving and under 120 calories. There should be plenty to choose from with a variety of prices.

I would advise though to be careful of "diet shakes" as they can sometimes be meant as meal replacements and therefore have lots more calories than you need if you are still eating healthily and getting your nutrients.

The other option to get more protein could be more chicken breasts or try egg whites.
  • saltydawg57
    saltydawg57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As for my protein experience, I used as a meal replacement shake, and sometimes as a after workout recovery drink.
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I really like advocare's protein shake, it's called muscle gain, in the chocolate flavor