Is my body shape a 'pear'

2»

Replies

• hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    I think pear shape looks good, I wish I'm a pear
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Wow...I didn't realize I was coming off as a pear basher. My post was just me being silly. There is no worst shape ever. Apologies all around.

It's ok, sorry. less to do with your specific post than a critical mass of annoyance at direct or indirect pear-hatred as seen on mfp and so many other places.

a lot of times i get the impression people think of it as the most vulgar, unappealing form. like it's atavistic, the wrong kind of femininity. stuck to fat, hormones, biological legacy/"directives", even visually rooted to the earth. reminding everyone of what people shouldn't be, in 2013. and then, of course, stuck with small boobs, & so lacking the one sign of femininity that is a++ approved by men and other women, bc it is unleashed from reproduction, & freed for the individualistic fun/good times focus that's been en vogue lately (vs baby-making, for which size doesn't matter). sooo many posts hemorrhaging loathing, for self and others. 'my boobs are too small', 'my *kitten* is too big'. everyone thinks everything about this body is disgusting.

and it's annoying, because the cost of achieving the more generally preferred hourglass is high for people with this shape (time, $, sometimes people do the boob job too). stripping that highly resistant, because, *essential* fat there on the bottom means enduring processes that i think are unrealistic and unreasonable for many, many people, which can result in the loss of health (periods). and leave you bony up top & unbalanced anyway (unless, yup, more fixing to do, build the crap out of those shoulders to fake an hourglass). and if you don't want that look, you must be pathological.

well, screw all that.

(anyway, sorry wasn't personal!)

I agree with all of this, and want to add that I love my pear shape. I'm from a family of bottom heavy women and never heard a negative thing about it (Butts too big? No such thing in my house, in fact put on some heels and poke it out a little more) until I was grown and in the 'real world' and thing become a strange mix of people hating themselves and the way their built. It's awful. How are women going to raise strong confident daughters if they want to change the most basic of things about themselves?

RuPaul_If_You_Cant-.png
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    You sound like a pear to me!
    The whole thing can be confusing, especially when you're actively changing your shape (by losing or gaining weight.)
    Looking solely at measurements, I started out as an hourglass, gained weight and became a banana, and now I'm a pear. Just like I didn't magically gain weight everywhere at once, it's coming off from different places at varying rates.
    We'll see where I land when I'm finished on this body recomp journey!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Wow...I didn't realize I was coming off as a pear basher. My post was just me being silly. There is no worst shape ever. Apologies all around.

I agree with all of this, and want to add that I love my pear shape. I'm from a family of bottom heavy women and never heard a negative thing about it (Butts too big? No such thing in my house, in fact put on some heels and poke it out a little more) until I was grown and in the 'real world' and thing become a strange mix of people hating themselves and the way their built. It's awful. How are women going to raise strong confident daughters if they want to change the most basic of things about themselves?

Agree back!!!

Is that Debbie Reynolds behind RuPaul? Lol!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

RuPaul_If_You_Cant-.png

I <3 RU RU!!!!

AMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Agreed!!
  • karahunts
    karahunts Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks for your answers everyone :) I'm definitely learning to love my body and I am a PROUD Pear :!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    your measurements are identical to mine and i am a pear shape 100%