Calorie free drink suggestions

Options
Hello! I am starting a 12 week cut and to keep my sanity alive I want to add at least on other calorie free/low cal drink to my diet. I currently have one Bai bottle per day (10 cals total) around lunch time.

I've thought about diet coke.. but I haven't had soda in about 5 years. I've tried a few sips maybe a handful of times and each time it burns my throat. I really don't want to get addicted to soda again like I was before I quit cold turkey.

SO, any suggestions?

Replies

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like Starbucks Passion tea - I can drink it unsweetened or I'll do half passion tea and half diet lemonade. If not that then I drink Milo's splenda iced tea or Kroger's diet iced tea. Basically - I drink a lot of iced tea.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had flavored teas? I love one by Bigelow called Pomegrannate Pizzaz. I make it the night before and the next morning it's cool. Then, I just pour it over ice.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like hibiscus teas so good cold
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Iced tea with lemon, fruit-infused water, LaCroix, black coffee.

I've been drinking Vitamin Water Zero because they provide it at work, but it's got a little bit of a weird aftertaste. I throw some fresh lemons and strawberries into it and that helps.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Diet soda... No!! Artificial sweeteners are NOT poison!!!... neither is carbonation.

Water

I'm very confused by what you're saying. Are you suggesting I DO drink diet soda or I DON'T drink diet soda?

I drink plenty of water :) but when hunger strikes I need something other than water to get me through it.

I'm not crazy about iced tea but maybe I should try it again. Never have had flavored teas so I'm excited to look those up and try a few!

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If you don't like iced tea my guess is you've only ever had black iced tea which is very strong! My favorite iced teas are flavored white or green tea which are much milder. If you are a fan of fall flavors the republic of tea puts out a "hot apple cider" herbal tea about this time of year and it is amazing! I buy a bunch of them to get me through the winter and summer until they sell it again lol. It is 0 calories and as others have suggested brew it then stick it in the fridge, put it over ice the next day and you have delicious iced tea the next day! :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    La Croix. Get a Soda Stream. Make your own herb/fruit tea and chill and sweeten it. The Arrowhead hint of orange club soda is so good chilled.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I use Kool-aid drops in water. Crystal light is good too. I don't drink alot of soda but occasionally have a diet coke with fresh lemon. I also like homemade lemonaide made with Splenda. Sun tea if you want to avoid artificial sweetners. Personally I use them but I know some avoid them. Your call.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Water
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I like club soda. I think soda is too sweet, but I love the fizzy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Seltzer and sparkling water.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I like Lipton Diet Cirtus Tea ... and Diet Coke.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I make diet lemonade with fresh lemon juice and splenda. It tastes soooooo good and it's refreshing. Sometimes I keep lemon slices in my desk at work so I can make it through out the day.

I also drink Mio drops.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Fruit infused carbonated water.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    BabyBear76 wrote: »

But not the mineral water or unflavored kind. Icky. The artificially sweetened, carbonated, fruit flavored water tastes swert and soday, with all the benefits of water AND flavor.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink carbonated water with a squirt of lime or lemon juice. It's more flavourful than plain, and not particularly sweet, I find it pleasantly acidic and much more refreshing than a traditional soda.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »

But not the mineral water or unflavored kind. Icky. The artificially sweetened, carbonated, fruit flavored water tastes swert and soday, with all the benefits of water AND flavor.
    Momepro wrote: »

Unless you don't have a sweet tooth. I never have, it was always salty snacks that were my problem. So I don't do artificial sweeteners, too sweet for me. (Now learning how not to eat an entire bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos - that I had to work on!)
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Diet Snapple Tea is great for me - 10 cal per bottle and available just about every grocery store/convenience store around me at least.

Otherwise, Perrier and La Croix are great carbonated flavored waters as others have suggested. I prefer Perrier because I can pick up a case in glass bottles which I like more than cans.

I also really like Propel flavor packets. I get these at Walmart - the flavors are all good and the packets are zero calories.

Good luck with the cut!