Too drastic of a drop in calories?

Options
sdc20
sdc20 Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys!

I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm currently 5 ft 2 and 132 pounds. I was super thin all through high school (around or under 110) with great health (both diet and exercise habits) but I came to college and built some really awful new habits and gained a lot of weight because of it. Now I'm graduated and trying to lose it. I'm having a really hard time going back to 1200 calories a day, even though I know my body should be comfortable with that since that was my around my intake in high school. Would a good solution be to try and do it little by little, first just aim to maintain my weight for a week and then after a successful week decrease my intake to a weight loss level?
Any suggestions on this or other ideas are really helpful! Thank you

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Why not try 1400 calories at first. The secret to this place is learning how to log accurately every bite. Just don't give up. I'm 5'3, and if I had to do 1200 a day, I would give up or binge.
    I got a food scale and it turned my weight loss around. They are at walmart, next to the measuring cups.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    First you should find out what you need to eat to not gain or lose any weight. You can start by using iifym.com to kinda get a rough estimate. Then dial it up or down from there.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    About a 10-15 percent decrease is on the high end in my opinion but safe