I ate a Snickers and I liked it :-)

Options
I can't believe how heavenly it was and how good it made me feel! The best part is I feel like I am ok in just leaving it at that - not feeling like I'm going to binge & have another one or more chocolate. Usually it's a slippery slope which I always end up sliding down. I am going to not be too hard on myself for doing it, but instead just accept that it was a little blip & it's not a big deal (though I do wish I had hated it!)

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I work a chocolate bar or small bag of chips into my calorie goal at least a few times a week... keeps me sane. :)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Snickers are awesome.

I get the Fun Size that are 80 calories and have one for dessert sometimes. It's not even a blip. It's just part of my plan. I aim for about 80% of my calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treats.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I think that is the key to being successful. In the grand scheme of things 1 Snickers bar is not going to ruin your diet. The most important thing is that you enjoyed it. I hate eating things that I had not planned on eating and I did not even enjoy it.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The dollar market (the yellow one) has individually wrapped mini or fun sized chocolate about 50 calories each. Indulge.
    If you go, buy SIXLETS. A tube of chocolate balls for 30 calories. Peppermint patties are also good
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I really wish they made those suckers in dark chocolate.

Congratulations on working in a food you love and learning the wonderful habit of moderation!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Shared this w/ my mom & sister last night its a banana split from friendly's & it was heavenly ! Still fit in my day so yay us!

bb2f3it0fibh.jpg
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you all put treats in your plan - I think I'll start doing that! I have to be very careful, though, given my history of binge-eating on sweets.
    852qrbyynsnl.jpg
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thats one of reasons MFP is so much easier to follow, we can still eat what we enjoy and fit it in to daily targets. Saying that, I've gone right off milk chocolate since been having dark chocolate for a lower calorie chocolate fix.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Oh, but they do make a dark chocolate Snickers bar! It's in the purple wrapper :) Although maybe only available in the full size bars, not fun size? But Twix bars...why in the world is there not a dark chocolate Twix bar yet?? There are dark chocolate versions of nearly every candy bar, but not Twix. It's sad.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »

Oh, but they do make a dark chocolate Snickers bar! It's in the purple wrapper :) Although maybe only available in the full size bars, not fun size? But Twix bars...why in the world is there not a dark chocolate Twix bar yet?? There are dark chocolate versions of nearly every candy bar, but not Twix. It's sad.

:o I have never spotted this magnificent creature in the wild. I'm going to go hunting on Amazon. THANK YOU!

Edit: My dreams are crushed. Apparently, they were discontinued.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »

KIT...KATS...I have to figure out how to get the 70% dark Kit Kat bars. I have only seen them in Canada. In the U.S., I have found dark chocolate Kit Kats, but they are not as dark (not sure of the percentage, but obviously less that 70%).
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mini Dove ice cream bars... nearly every day. YUM!
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a Snickers bar right now, and . . . . it's perfect :D
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    A day doesn't go by that I don't eat some kind of chocolate. Because what's life without chocolate? :)