Disappointing Meals

KelseyRL
KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
How frustrating is it when you're going to have a big meal that you've planned for and made room in your calorie count for and then when you get it, it's not delicious or satisfying?!? :neutral:

Now I'm at my total for the day and I feel totally lacking. Maybe I'll go for a run and get some ice cream...

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Honestly, this is part of what's kept me away from a lot of the fast food I used to eat a couple times a week - I got Subway for the first time in a couple of months last week, and it was all curled up and slightly burned. And cold McDonald's fries are so dang sad!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    That's the worst. I have no issue making room in my calories for something I really want, but it sucks so bad when you make room and the thing you have is really disappointing.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Totally the worst when that happens! Lol Happened to me the last time I had Taco Bell (which I used to love!) Made room for a chili cheese burrito and nachos bellgrande and it was not nearly as good as I was remembering. I regretted the caloric expenditure!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    But if you're full enough, just move on and stop thinking about the meal. It's over. You can try to improve next time.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    KelseyRL wrote: »
    How frustrating is it when you're going to have a big meal that you've planned for and made room in your calorie count for and then when you get it, it's not delicious or satisfying?!? :neutral:

Now I'm at my total for the day and I feel totally lacking. Maybe I'll go for a run and get some ice cream...

Sorry, it does suck to be looking forward to something and have it disappoint :( However, what a great learning experience and you will probably crave that food less. I hope your next treat meal will be more satisfying!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    If I'm finding a meal to be "meh", I will stop eating it. I'd rather eat something that I will really enjoy. Meh isn't worth the calories!

I do this. I have been in the middle of eating something before and just stopped and thrown it away.

I wasn't raised to throw away food, but at some point you realize that eating things you don't want or need to eat just because it would be wasteful to throw it away is ridiculous.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    It was at home too. My husband had marinated these great steaks but then he got distracted and they were way over cooked. He felt really bad about it though so I didn't want to make a big deal of it with him. Making him feel worse won't make me feel more satisfied. We're going on an evening walk though so I might see if I can work in a little bit of chocolate or something.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Good plan!