Graveyard shift

Options
I'm a busy mom with two teens in high school in band and sports so on my days off I'm running around with them and when I'm not I'm working I need help to get some balance and time for sleeping and working out i feel so tired and I just wanna sleep but the pounds are creeping up any tips when your a night shifter I stay on my night time schedule FYI and tips on helping my belly shrink it just feels like I'm always hungry and even eating healthy foods that are intended for you to stay full don't keep me full after I eat them

Replies

• VirtualMellie
    VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Drink water before your meals and when your hungry. Our bodies mistake hunger pains for thirst a lot. Also ease into a workout.. I use to workout a 6 am when my husband was working that shift. No doubt it's hard very hard livibg the graveyard life. But I noticed once I started working out and eating smarter (also logging everything even when I hate it) made me have more energy and also sleeping was 10 times better! It's all in how bad you want it really. Also getting modivaton to work out didn't come easy.. I would browse the success stories and get excited also listening to fitness modivaton Playlist on youtube.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Have you tried re-naming your meals to time slots - that can be helpful if you're not eating traditional meal times (think it's in diary settings) i.e. instead of Breakfast you have 0:00-06:00/Lunch is changed to 06:00-12:00, etc

Try playing around with your macros - as long as you meet your minimum requirements for Fat & Protein you can tweak them until you find what satisfies you for longer. For example I tend to eat slightly higher fat and protein than the MFP default settings.