Best way to lose "inches"

Options
What is the best way to lose inches?

I know for most people I think you'll lose inches before you lose actually weight and that is what I am going for. I had a 33" waist and 47" hips and I honestly don't know what happened I changed job's and my life style changed and it became hard for me to get to the gym and my job is more of a desk job and I basically sit all day. So now my waist is a 35 1/2" and my hips are a 51" YIKES

I know working out and eating healthy are a key factor.. But what are some number ones keys as to get better results in losing the inches... Is walking and using the stationary bike helpful? I used to walk for a half hour to 40 minutes on like lvl 3.5 and then I'd use the stationary bike for 30 minutes. No problem now I feel like I can't even do that to save my life. I feel like I'm so out of shape. I lived for the gym. Now I'm lucky if I can go for a half hour to 40 minutes. I'm so ashamed of myself.

I'm no where near as heavy as I was when I got married in 2014, but I'm not as skinny as I was at the beginning of the year which was a 33 1/2" waist and a 47" hips. When I was there I used to say I was still heavy, but looking back I actually wasn't and I'd kill (well not figuratively) to get back there. So any help I'd greatly appreciate it.

My doctor wants to send me to a wait loose surgeon I'm 5'2" and 219lbs when I was a 33 1/2" waist with a 47' hips I was like 185lbs I was ok with that because I looked good. Yes I was still high for pounds, but I wore my pounds evenly.

Any help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much everyone..

Also please feel free to friend request me. I could use any and all friends!

:smile:

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Well you are here. That is good.
    Enter your stats into MFP, as they are now, and plan to lose 1-1.5 lbs a week.
    Buy a food scale and use it for all solids and semi solids, cups and spoons for liquids.
    Look at the top of the forum and read all the relevant posts in the 'most helpful posts' thread.

Exercise if you can, but don't forget MFP expects you to log and eat back your exercise calories. Your deficit is built into your initial calorie goal, you are exercising for fitness.

Cheers, h.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Jeckia wrote: »
    I know working out and eating healthy are a key factor.

Those help you stay healthy, but fat loss only requires that you consume fewer calories than you burn. Same with losing inches, which is just a way of measuring fat loss. You can't target fat loss, if that's what you were asking. :+1:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've found that a combination of losing weight and exercise have helped me lose the inches. I would recommend a moderate deficit to lose around 1lb/week and incorporating more activity and most importantly progressive strength training. At the start of my weight loss the inches seemed to drop off and then that slowed until I start lifting heavy for me. Now it seems that I'm shrinking before my eyes, seriously a couple of pounds loss can equate to another inch (when all measurements are taken into account), I'm at least a stone heavier than I was when I was last this size and look far, far healthier and better with a bit of muscle on my body rather than being skin and bones
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    long term calorie deficit. Exercise will increase deficit but you will likely need to eat at least 50% back. As said you can't target fat loss. Calorie issues aside exercise will increase overall health and fitness.