I lost 42 ponds since March 1st

Options
pmermakov
pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
I just wanted to share my success story. I decided to attempt to lose weight again at the beginning of March. After going through a miscarriage and then a successful pregnancy, i was left at depressing high weight of 186. Around the middle of March my friend, Lynn, introduced me to MFP. We held each other accountable, logged our food and exercised pretty much every day. I did the Curves work-out, walking, jogging while pushing my baby and biking. For the first 3 months I lost 10 pounds per month. I finally reached my goal weight last week of 145, but am now trying for 140.

Anyway, here are my measurements taken at Curves. On 2/4/13 I was weighed and will mark as before and my after was on 7/27/13. Before my arms were 13.5 after 11.5 equals 4 inches lost. Before my waist was 37.75 after 30 equals 7.75 inches lost. Before my hips were 42.75 and after 38 inches equals 4.75 inches lost. Before my thighs were 26.75 and after 22 equaling a 9.5 inch loss. Before my weight was 189 pounds, after 147 pounds ( with clothes on!), equals 42 pounds lost. My BMI before was 31.94 and after 24.84. My body fat went from 36.60 to 25.50 giving me a loss of 11.10. Needless to say I feel very happy to be at a healthier weight.

I posted a few of these pictures on here before, but some are new!

February 2013:

MeWaterFeb.jpg

MeBabyFeb.jpg

Late April after losing 18 pounds:

7e8b7d31-8519-4b5c-90d8-5457bd836cae.jpg

Late July:

636a77e7-8545-474e-8434-40fe5cd1fc88.jpg

In a size 10 dress:

image-2.jpg

My scale:

image-1.jpg

Replies

• tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. Hard work pays off :)
  • ahizzel
    ahizzel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! A great inspiration!
  • Amykhi
    Amykhi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So awesome! I am similar to you and started early March and quit :(. I restarted recently.
    You look wonderful, congrats!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! How tall are you? We have very similar stats, though it took me a lot longer to lose it. You should be very proud!!!
  • myrightweight
    myrightweight Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Your story and photos really inspired me to try harder to reach my goals!
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Seeing victories like yours give me hope!! Keep up the good work!!
  • rebelo3
    rebelo3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!
  • mdarrall
    mdarrall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What great progress you've made. And as a guy, I concur with the ladies...you do look great.

Here's to health!

M.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    What a success journey you shared. I looked but could not find how tall you are. You look amazing!
  • thinlizzy608
    Options
    way to go mama! You are an inspiration to many of us on here! You look great!
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great job, especially while caring for a new baby at the same time!
  • 4michellelong
    4michellelong Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! How tall are you? We have very similar stats, though it took me a lot longer to lose it. You should be very proud!!!

I am 5'4 & 3/4 and am 37 years old. I also forgot to mention that breast feed my son, who was born in December. I feel very blessed to have a healthy baby. He has not gotten a single cold or ear infection.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!