What would you call a diet like KETO, but not keto?

Options
Old_Cat_Lady
Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I love my plain sweet potato. Plain oatmeal for breakfast with blueberries and milk. Whole pasta. Barley. Etc.
I want to avoid foods with flour (does nothing for me), a lot of added sugar, and deep fried foods.
Is there a diet name for all this? I would like to follow something. So Keto, but with some good carbs.?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating? Lean, green and mean?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Eating what you want?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Smart diet.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Keto is a bodily state (can't think of the proper way to say it, damn brain) achieved by eating a certain gram amount of carbs not what you eat as it were.

So you're probably just moderate/only eating the carbs you want. Not every way of eating needs a name.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Why does your diet need a name? Is something inherently healthier because of that?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Does it need a name?

Hmmm ... maybe I should come up with a catchy name for what I eat. :grin:
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm on DASH and I'm bored with it. I need exitement in my life. A new diet name. I'm not following dash for medical reasons, just because it's easy to find recipes and info onlline.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Does it need a name?

Hmmm ... maybe I should come up with a catchy name for what I eat. :grin:

Cycleat ... Cycle + eat

Ride&Dine

:grin:

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Food.

(keto is high fat - there was literally no fat in any of the food you mentioned!)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    The problem with following "named" diets is that everyone is different as far as their preferences and what works for you. Congrats on finding a good eating plan for yourself. It doesn't need a name. It's YOUR diet.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    @TheWJordinWJordin eating plan.

Seriously, it's just eating what you want to eat. You can call it whatever you like.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I love my plain sweet potato. Plain oatmeal for breakfast with blueberries and milk. Whole pasta. Barley. Etc.
    I want to avoid foods with flour (does nothing for me), a lot of added sugar, and deep fried foods.
    Is there a diet name for all this? I would like to follow something. So Keto, but with some good carbs.?

A ketogenic diet is very low carb, and usually high fat - usually under 20-50g of carbs a day. The only carbs keto'er have are generally some veggies or low GI fruits.

A low carb high fat diet may have room for oatmeal, fruits and small servings of pasta. LCHF is carbs under 100-150 g of carbs a day.

Perhaps a whole food diet (if skipping noodles) or a clean diet (as in the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno).

A no-white foods diet?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

How is this related to keto?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm on DASH and I'm bored with it. I need exitement in my life. A new diet name. I'm not following dash for medical reasons, just because it's easy to find recipes and info onlline.

How is what you are doing different from DASH? Maybe create a name based on that.