Getting Started Day 1

Options
marte80
marte80 Posts: 25 Member
Just finished my 1st workout. I've got a long way to go, I have over 50+ to lose. I need all the support I can get. Need more friends to help keep me motivated and we support each other be best we can be!

Replies

• Alpha1Godess
    Alpha1Godess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good for you. Happy you are taking the first steps to a healthier, better you! Keep at it.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Good job! Just try your best to stay focused and try to mix it up. Just going to the gym everyday gets to be boring. Get creative and get outside. Make it more about just living, experiencing, exploring then it wont feel like working out. Feel free to add me and ask about healthy recipes. Best of luck!!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    The day after your first workout is what is coming next. When going from inactive to working out I have found that there is no crime to starting slow and building. You feel like an idiot lifting just the bar or the tiny weights but if it is easy you just go up five pounds the next workout and so on. I added too much too soon and did a partial tear to my rotator cuff, lesson learned. Same with running, I walked first then added short runs until I built up. I went from "I can't run" to seeing a half marathon in the paper and doing it the next day. By that time I had built up to 30+ miles a week just adding a little each week. Take it slow and have fun but stay with it. It takes about two weeks to make working out a habit but only five inactive days to break it. Good Luck.