BCAA's

Options
hi there, im looking for some good quality BCAA's.
Ive been recommended C4 and Sci-vation Xtream.
Ive also been looking at my protein.
On the my protein website they come to £42.99 per kilo but on amazon only 17.99 per kilo??? is amazon wrong or is it genuinly that cheap on there?
im also happy to look at anyone elses recommendations??
many thanks guys

Replies

• kezzakim
    kezzakim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    anyone? tia
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Before recommending any, I would ask why you think you need BCAAs?
  • rebekah31514
    rebekah31514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do BCAAs pre-workout if I haven't consumed something else with them already... A lot of pre workouts and protein powders already have them as do certain foods. Protein isn't just protein either :-) I use a whey isolate post workout, and casein before bed if I didn't consume enough protein that day. Both GNC and Optimum Nutrition have a good casein. Some of the muscle text are good for way, but I would watch out that they are 100% isolate.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GNC beyond raw LIT gummy worm. Amazing flavor, and I've felt good results! Everyone's body reacts to supplements differently though, so I'd reccomend trying to get your hands on a weeks worth of samples first to see if they do anything for you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you're already getting adequate protein in your diet, BCAAs are essentially worthless. If you're not, you'd be better off supplementing with whey protein than BCAAs.
  • kezzakim
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Before recommending any, I would ask why you think you need BCAAs?

i wanted them to drink during my workout with water as i cant stomach any whey pre workout, i just end up feeling sick so i tried a friends bcaas as a drink during a workout and that was fine. it just seems to work for me. that was C4, i guess i didnt notice a huge difference in my workout as i only tried them once but i liked the flavour and this seems a good way for me to get my protein in.
  • kezzakim
    Options
    I do BCAAs pre-workout if I haven't consumed something else with them already... A lot of pre workouts and protein powders already have them as do certain foods. Protein isn't just protein either :-) I use a whey isolate post workout, and casein before bed if I didn't consume enough protein that day. Both GNC and Optimum Nutrition have a good casein. Some of the muscle text are good for way, but I would watch out that they are 100% isolate.

what is the difference between whey and whey isolate?? I didnt even realise all these things lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    kezzakim wrote: »

what is the difference between whey and whey isolate?? I didnt even realise all these things lol

How it's processed.

https://us.myprotein.com/thezone/supplements/whey-isolate-vs-whey-concentrate/
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Whey isolate undergoes additional refinement that strips away most of the fats and carbs. The stated benefits are that it A) gets almost 100% of its calories from protein; B) absorbs more quickly and C) has a greater bioavailability.

That said, I don't think it's worth the extra 3-50% cost compared to whey concentrate.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    At times, there can be a huge difference between most stores and Amazon. It's not necessarily Amazon that is selling a product, but a third party. I will never buy edibles from Amazon. I did that once with my protien shake. It was rock hard (like it got wet), wouldn't mix well, it was probably really old too. Spend a bit more and you don't run the risk of losing all your money on a crap product.
  • msnomar
    msnomar Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Also, whey isolate has a bulk of the lactose stripped from it, so it's friendlier for those with lactose intolerance. Regular whey, on the other hand, still maintains a lot of lactose.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If you're already getting adequate protein in your diet, BCAAs are essentially worthless. If you're not, you'd be better off supplementing with whey protein than BCAAs.

This. And I would even go so far as to say you don't even need whey. Stick to whole foods for your protein intake. Use whey as a treat, not a daily need.