THE DEFENDERS

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the ironfist should have chi through both of his hands? It's bothering me more than it should, I wonder if it will happen as he becomes more one with himself. I loved this series!
    I've read IronFist ever since the 70's. In every comic book, only his right hand was the IronFist.
    I'm wondering if they are ever going to use a mask on Rand though. While he is the IronFist, throughout the series, he just seemed like an ordinary Joe with the power of the IronFist. Unlike when Matt Murdock dons the Daredevil costume which makes him that much more "herioc" looking.

c18c51e739f0ae040e0a8170f16b6027.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Jason Bourne could take them all down.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Things i like: colored lighting, daredevil, jessica jones, the loss of limb, black sky, sogourney weaver
    Things I dislike: Danny Rand, Iron Fist, just make Colleen the iron fist danny was so dumb
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Luke Cage got the short end of this one. Jessica looks near invincible, Danny comes off way better than his own series, and Daredevil stays true to the excellent level of his own series. The fight scenes throughout are very Daredevilesque, as it should be given the opportunity.

Luke just seems...castrated. He's down to one woman (albeit a good choice), and even Danny whoops his butt.
    Well he did get hit by a truck. In the comics, when Luke gets hit by bullets, he grimaces because it still really hurts. And he charges anyone shooting to disarm them anyway he can so they will stop. He also could have done more "Powerman" stuff.

luke2.jpg

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I'm just disappointed the Punisher didn't show up at the last battle to *kitten* everyone up.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Finished last night. It was good, I feel like it was a bit rushed though... could have used a couple more episodes.

I agree that it felt a bit rushed. That being said, anyone wanna start making bets for the Daughters of the Dragon and Heroes For Hire spin-offs?
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm just disappointed the Punisher didn't show up at the last battle to *kitten* everyone up.

Don't worry. We will have a whole series of him whooping all kinds of tail.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I really liked it but it's true that the plot was somewhat lacking. The characters and interactions are awesome though.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Just a spoiler here

In the comics, Misty Knight and Danny Rand end up being a couple, but somewhere along the way Colleen and Danny have a baby together.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Daredevil always gets the best of Punisher.

Except when he gets shot in the head.

Which he survived in the show. In the comics, Daredevil is far superior to Punisher in hand-to-hand combat. Every time that I can think of, his encounters with Daredevil end with is incarceration.

Well yeah, guns are the Punisher's forte, not hand to hand combat. They couldn't just kill off the Daredevil every time they go against each other. Even though it's way more likely.

Man, we're nerding out hardcore. I love it.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Ironfist is the worst!!!!
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    I will say that I thought Iron Fist's fight scenes were VASTLY improved over his own series. They used to look like he was fighting underwater, his movements were so slow. It was difficult to watch.

This time just his character was unbearable to watch
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have one more episode to watch and, in the meantime, can someone catch me up on the whole Matt's two lives colliding and his no longer fighting crime and Karen and Foggy being all worried about it thing? Daredevil was the only show I couldn't get into so I've only seen the first half of season one.

Obviously spoilers are AOK!

Please and thank you. :)
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Ok so I have one more episode to watch and, in the meantime, can someone catch me up on the whole Matt's two lives colliding and his no longer fighting crime and Karen and Foggy being all worried about it thing? Daredevil was the only show I couldn't get into so I've only seen the first half of season one.

Obviously spoilers are AOK!

Please and thank you. :)

You may have bad taste in television.

Matt faces the same struggle any hero does, the people he cares about are in the line of fire of the people who want him dead.

Foggy and Karen know about his secret and begged him to stop because they don't want him to die and foggy thinks he can do better justice as a lawyer.

Spoiler free rundown that answers your questions.

Also daredevil and electra had a thing and she died.

And daredevil found a big hole in a warehouse.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    LOl thanks. I thought there might be more to it than the usual superhero angst.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    OMG. We finished Ironfist and are almost all the way through The Defenders--last episode tonight. Ironfist is even worse than I thought! He is the absolute worst! Worse than Aquaman!! He's not even a character; he's a plot device, he's the woman in the fridge. Everything about the show is very good except Danny Rand. UGH!
  • Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great series