Which alcohol has the lowest amount of calories?

2»

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Isnt Budweiser basically water?

If it's basically water then how in the world do they make it taste so bad?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Isnt Budweiser basically water?

If it's basically water then how in the world do they make it taste so bad?

Fun story about when my dad buys me a drink at the fish & game clubhouse.

Him: Want a beer?
    Me: Bud light.
    Him: That's not beer...
    Me: I know. I don't like beer.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    For me personally, the lowest calorie drink will be anything I can nurse for awhile. I tend to drink things fast, so if it's easy drinking, I drink more.

I stick to red wine typically, sometimes a Rum/Diet Coke (but these go down really fast).

I completely agree. Vodka gets tossed around a lot as a good low cal drink, but I personally find it goes down so easy that next thing I know I've had way too many. After much experimentation, I've found that my preferred drink is a hard cider or a really rich, dark beer. Per glass they're pretty high in calories, but I get the burps if I drink them too fast, plus I like to savor the taste.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Avoid blended cocktails like margaritas, daiquiris and pina colada.
    I drink wine or beer socially
    But if looking for a buzz with few calories I drink lemon vodka with crystal light.
  • tanvscullen
    tanvscullen Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    they're all about 150-400 cals depending on what you're drinking and how much. Just eat before your drink, drink more water, or just make sure you have room in your calorie log to have a drink or two.

Gin and slimline tonics are around 60-70cals per 25ml measure of gin. Have the diet mixer always. Similar calories in white rum and vodka.

Bud light is 125 calories per 400ml can. Coors light is around 140 calories. Avoid liqueurs and things like amaretto, lemoncello, sambuca. Sugary shots basically. They are over 120 calories. Cider is 250+ calories per pint easy, it's sugar-laden. Remember OP that in the UK our single measure of spirits are smaller than other countries and our pints are a little bigger, so calories might differ.

We have a website in the UK for calorie intake and units of alcohol, search for drink aware calories in drinks. I'm sure you'll find it. I've done a lot of research into this! another hint, just use your MFP barcode scanner in the shop to check stuff out! That way you know before you buy.