Maintaining weight after weight loss

Options
I recently lost 3 and a half stone and I don't know what to eat or how much in order to maintain my weight as I don't want to lose anymore. Any tips or help would be great, thank you

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have you put your stats in to MFP and set it for maintenance?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What to eat--same as before
    How much--just a little more than when you were losing, depending on how fast you were losing. See above. ^^
    Congrats on your success!
  • lee_anneg
    lee_anneg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many calories can i have to keep at 60 kilo
  • lee_anneg
    Options
    Iwould like to know the amount ie 1900cals for 60 kg
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    lee_anneg wrote: »
    Iwould like to know the amount ie 1900cals for 60 kg

Put your current stats in to MFP and say you want to maintain your weight. It will give you a calorie goal to do this.
  • lee_anneg
    Options
    Wwre doi findmfp iam new to this
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited August 2017
    Options
    MFP is "my fitness pal". It's where you are. Try the "goals" section for getting a calorie goal
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I recently lost 3 and a half stone and I don't know what to eat or how much in order to maintain my weight as I don't want to lose anymore. Any tips or help would be great, thank you

With no information from you the answer is..... more than you ate to lose your weight.

Did you follow TDEE method or MFP's eat back exercise calories method?
    Did your weight loss match the predictions?
    Did you follow an exclusion diet or just portion control?

Tips:
    Look ahead, make a plan, make it sustainable, be vigilant but not obsessive, set new goals, be happy.
  • ronaldmac
    ronaldmac Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    Start with the calorie goal that MFP gives you based on your height, weight, age, and activity level. Weigh yourself often. Log everything you eat and the exercise you do. If you continue to lose weight then eat more. If you are gaining weight, then cut your calories. Everyone varies in how many calories they actually need. The calculator is an estimate, but your needs may be different.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Now comes the hard part which is figuring out how to maintain.

My suggestion is plug your stats into mfp for maintenance based on your activity level you almost have to be more accurate now as far as weighing and counting calories and see what happens over the next couple weeks.

I decided to go into maintenance at 220 lb after I lost 80 pounds. I totally screwed it up drop my weight down to as low as 204 but I didn't like the way I look I was basically skinny fat. Ate a little more, now I'm in the 208 - 210 range and I probably work out 4 to 5 times a week at the gym.

Just remember this the guidelines in mfp are just guidelines you're going to have to figure it out yourself just a little more work but it's not that hard