Scale Issue

Options
Hello Everyone!

What are you currently using for a scale?

I know a scale isn't exactly your best friend... It more of how you look and feel that counts but well here goes.... I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago and got weighed on their fancy doctor scale with all the hanging do-hicky moving parts... ANYWAYS it said I weighed 223!!! HOLY CRAP BATMAN. So my mother in-law has a health o meter scale with a big ol' clock face head that seems to be ok, but she wont allow me to bring it up stairs it sits in the hallway which no one ever uses except me and only me. But I don't want to go downstairs in my underwear. So It's hard for me to use it at times. I have a weight watchers digital scale and that thing is a PAIN IN THE BUTT!! I stepped on it this morning in my bathroom when I woke up. My husband was in the shower. It said I weighed 213lbs. I got excited. I was like oh yes I lost some weight. Got off went and laid back down until he got out of the shower. When he got out. I got up went and actually used the bathroom, stepped back on it and almost died. IT said 221lbs, then 218lbs 217lbs and then 216lbs... COMMON ya stupid SCALE..

So could someone please recommend a good scale that wont do what this weight watchers one is doing that I can actually keep in my own bathroom.! :smiley:

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    it doesn't matter... just pick 1 and use that one as your primary scale. Put it on a hard, flat, smooth surface. If you get a digital one, keep the batteries fresh. That's really all there is to it. Most importantly: The actual number doesn't matter... all that matters is what that number does over time.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've got one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-BF511-Family-Composition-Monitor/dp/B0033AGBVQ/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1502457157&sr=8-6&keywords=omron

I quite like it, I know the body fat bit is pretty inaccurate, but it does show me a trend over time as I plot the results on a graph. I have a tiled bathroom floor and always place it on the same tile. I tried it once, getting on and off it and it weighed the same each time. I use it as soon as I get up, naked and have used the loo.