My Scale VS the Dr Scale...

Options
Millender2012
Millender2012 Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2017 in Getting Started
I started my weight loss journey in June I went to the Dr for a routine check up, I weighed myself that morning no clothes on I think if I remember correctly & it said 249.0 I got to the Dr office with clothes on & it said the same thing as my home scale I have a HealthoMeter digital scale by the way... I went back to the Dr in July for another check up...that morning before I left I weighed myself with no clothes on for sure and it said I weighed 239.0 I went to the Dr with clothes on I didn't have anything to drink are anything to eat untill after I left the Dr office they Scale read that I was 244 & my Scale at home read 239.0 either way I still lost 5 pounds but my biggest concern is which Scale do I trust mine are the Dr ? They have an old Scale that you just step on and they move it from side to side to take weight...I just want to know which scale is accurate and to find out how much do I really weigh because we had the same weight in the month of June but diffrent weight in July so they automatically add 5 pounds to their scale ? Have anyone else witness this problem ? Please help... thanks in advance

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Different scales and different times of day under different conditions - of course you'll get different results. Since you weigh yourself the most on yours and can control the conditions use that one for tracking progress.
  • Millender2012
    Millender2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Different scales and different times of day under different conditions - of course you'll get different results. Since you weigh yourself the most on yours and can control the conditions use that one for tracking progress.
    Thank you ! ❤️
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Either way you lost 5 Lbs...the actual number isn't particularly important...the trend is.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I would agree with sticking with one scale to track progress and not worry about the other - so in this case, I would track based on my home scale since you do have access to it more regularly.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went to the doc in July & August and both times their scale had me 3 lbs heavier. I literally weighed myself naked, got dressed and went to my appointment both times. The doc was unconcerned because just like you, there was a loss both times. The doctor told me to go with my scale.
  • My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    In order for you to know the scale (any scale) is accurate it needs to be calibrated. Chances are neither yours or your doctor's scale have been calibrated recently. Jarring, moving and time slowly un-calibrate a scale. So to believe one is more accurate than another because one is in a drs office is wrong.
    Go with which one you want, the one at home would be easiest.