Help!!! Need advice !!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in June I went to the Dr for a routine check up, I weighed myself that morning no clothes on I think if I remember correctly & it said 249.0 I got to the Dr office with clothes on & it said the same thing as my home scale I have a HealthoMeter digital scale by the way... I went back to the Dr in July for another check up...that morning before I left I weighed myself with no clothes on for sure and it said I weighed 239.0 I went to the Dr with clothes on I didn't have anything to drink are anything to eat untill after I left the Dr office they Scale read that I was 244 & my Scale at home read 239.0 either way I still lost 5 pounds but my biggest concern is which Scale do I trust mine are the Dr ? They have an old Scale that you just step on and they move it from side to side to take weight...I just want to know which scale is accurate and to find out how much do I really weigh because we had the same weight in the month of June but diffrent weight in July so they automatically add 5 pounds to their scale ? Have anyone else witness this problem ? Please help... thanks in advance

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Scales will have different readings. They aren't all perfectly calibrated. Pick one and stick with that reading, don't compare readings from various scales.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    No two scales are alike. I wouldn't concern myself over the differences.. Just look for the loss. Numbers don't mean %#!*... You can weigh 30lbs over the Doctors charts for your ideal weight and fit into a size 6 or be underweight and wear a size 8.. If you see a loss...concentrate on that. If you don't, take measurements and monitor.

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Scales will have different readings. They aren't all perfectly calibrated. Pick one and stick with that reading, don't compare readings from various scales.

Exactly. Or heck, find another couple of scales and average them out! It's all about the trends.
  • Millender2012
    Millender2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! ❤️
  • Millender2012
    Options

Exactly. Or heck, find another couple of scales and average them out! It's all about the trends.[/quote]
    Thank you ! ❤️
  • Millender2012
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    No two scales are alike. I wouldn't concern myself over the differences.. Just look for the loss. Numbers don't mean %#!*... You can weigh 30lbs over the Doctors charts for your ideal weight and fit into a size 6 or be underweight and wear a size 8.. If you see a loss...concentrate on that. If you don't, take measurements and monitor.
    Thank you ❤️
  • Millender2012
    Options

Exactly. Or heck, find another couple of scales and average them out! It's all about the trends.

Thank you ! ❤️
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you're at home more often than the doctors. go with your scale, how you feel, how your clothes fit, etc.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in June I went to the Dr for a routine check up, I weighed myself that morning no clothes on I think if I remember correctly & it said 249.0 I got to the Dr office with clothes on & it said the same thing as my home scale I have a HealthoMeter digital scale by the way... I went back to the Dr in July for another check up...that morning before I left I weighed myself with no clothes on for sure and it said I weighed 239.0 I went to the Dr with clothes on I didn't have anything to drink are anything to eat untill after I left the Dr office they Scale read that I was 244 & my Scale at home read 239.0 either way I still lost 5 pounds but my biggest concern is which Scale do I trust mine are the Dr ? They have an old Scale that you just step on and they move it from side to side to take weight...I just want to know which scale is accurate and to find out how much do I really weigh because we had the same weight in the month of June but diffrent weight in July so they automatically add 5 pounds to their scale ? Have anyone else witness this problem ? Please help... thanks in advance

I keep track of both for myself. I know that the doctors scale is always about 3 pounds more than my home scale. So when I weigh myself at home first, I'm not shocked to see that it's more at the doctor's office. :smile: