I lost 50 lbs three years ago and am still the same weight. AMA

Options
ksuh999
ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
Started off around 215lbs. Went down to around 156lbs. That was three years ago. I like to stay around 158lbs.

- Used MFP to count calories
- Never worried about macros
- I eat sweet things sometimes
- I drink diet cola sometimes
- I weigh my food
- I do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week if I can
- I wear a HRM for all forms of exercise, and eat back the calories

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Kudos to you on 3 years maintaining!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    See now, I find this inspiring. I know I can lose it, but keeping it off scares me. Thanks for the good example!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    that is great- You are rockin this thang!!!!!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job keeping it off.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • Malyssam27
    Malyssam27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, its good to hear examples of people maintaining.
  • JenSchimanski
    JenSchimanski Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational. What type of exercise do.you do? .What level of intensity?
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • carolinelanewa
    carolinelanewa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That is such a great story. There is alot of dedication in that. Great job.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story, thanks for sharing! Do you have a maintenance weight range? How often do you weigh in? What rules or habits do you have to hold yourself accountable long term?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's so encouraging to see successful maintainers. I'm almost to one year of maintaining a 150 lb loss.
  • ksuh999
    Options
    This is so inspirational. What type of exercise do.you do? .What level of intensity?

I do a mix of stuff. 5K runs, stairmachine (these are the only two cardio exercises I find that significantly increase my heart rate). Weight training. I also started swimming (I'm a terrible, terrible swimmer). I keep cardio workouts to 30 minutes or less. For weight training my current routine takes me about 30 minutes and then I do some cardio afterwards (usually elliptical). I try to keep the intensity high for weight training so I only have 1 minute breaks between sets.
  • ksuh999
    Options
    What an inspirational story, thanks for sharing! Do you have a maintenance weight range? How often do you weigh in? What rules or habits do you have to hold yourself accountable long term?

I try to keep under 160lbs.

I did a weigh in every morning after I went to the bathroom. I stopped in November. I wanted to see if I could keep the same range by counting calories and following my body's responses to eating. So I started weighing again this week... and I was at around 160lbs. So I was quite pleased with myself. And that was after a vacation where I knew I ate too much.

Only rule I follow is keeping at my caloric limit. If I eat too much I eat less the next day. I find this actually works quite well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!