Messed up big time!!

Options
I have been counting calories since January 2016 and had gone down from 164 lbs to 106 lbs. The last few months have not gone well. Although I was losing weight eating 1300 calories or so, without exercise, that is no longer possible. I have a very small frame and am just 5 foot, 2 inches and so even at 106 lbs, I can look a little chubbier than I would like. I wanted to lose another few lbs to get to 100 lbs, that was it, but instead, these last few months I've ended up just gaining weight - even though I was doing everything right. It wasn't a lot, just 2 lbs, but I wanted to lose weight, not gain it. I felt really down last week as I'd worked out 5 days a week and ate 1300 calories, yet still ended up gaining over a pound.

From Monday I have just eaten all sorts of crap. Literally anything and everything, to the point of sickness. I hadn't binged at all in over a year and a half, so honestly had thought that I never would do that again, yet here I am, back at it. In 5 days I have gained 8 lbs!!! I know not all of it is fat, but I look really fat again and my clothes have all gotten very tight. To top it off, these last few months I'm constantly hungry - hence why I binged in the first place.

I even upped my calories to 1500 for a few days, yet still, I felt super hungry and couldn't sleep at night. Today I thought I'd eat 1500, but after dinner, I still felt hungry and ended up having a mini binge.

Really not sure what to do, where to go from here. Why am I always so hungry? It seems no matter how much I eat, I'm just never full - unless I binge.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Back up. Unlikely you gained 8 lbs in 5 days. Quit telling yourself you look chubby or fat. Might be what you think but it's unhelpful. Here's your goal- you aren't quite satisfied with how you look at 106. You want to try 100 and see what it's like. It's all a big experiment. Try not to be so critical of yourself. You've set a goal, you deserve to see it through.

Aside- I got as low as 169 and didn't like it. I gained back to 176 on purpose.

Forget the scale for a few days and try to gain control of the process. Getting a grip at 1500 calories seems like a good idea. Keep tracking everything no matter what. Binges included, should that happen but it won't.

When I don't get enough dietary fat, I get this agitated hunger that doesn't go away. Sometimes just more protein helps. But sometimes it's fat.

Another idea- maybe you just need better training. I'd tell you the tale of what happened because I couldn't get below 175 years ago, but it's too depressing. I needed fitness, not weight loss. But that was me. Right now you are trying to get to 100 lbs to see what it's like.

But you need a bit of clinical detachment. Its an experiment. You won't know what it's like until you get there. You are in the fine tuning phase. Hang in.

Oh, rereading your post- you don't need to feel full. Personally, I've come to hate feeling full. Try for satisfied. It's not just semantics. Changing the way you talk to yourself, changes the way you think, changes how you act.