Help

Options
So I started off at 12st 12 I'm now 11st 7 so Ive lost 19lbs but I can't notice I've lost any weight and whenever I ask people do I look like I've lost weight they say I look the exact same and no one has noticed at all. Really upsetting why could this be?

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice a difference until I'd lost 15 pounds, and my family didn't notice until I lost 18. So hang in there! It's easy to be impatient and discouraged, but just keep doing what you are doing and you'll eventually see the changes. I'm now at an almost 20 pound loss and just this week purchased pants one size smaller than what I started with. One good way to judge your actual progress is to use a tape measure to measure your bust, waist and hips. I saw changes there before anyone else noticed what was going on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I started off at 12st 12 I'm now 11st 7 so Ive lost 19lbs but I can't notice I've lost any weight and whenever I ask people do I look like I've lost weight they say I look the exact same and no one has noticed at all. Really upsetting why could this be?

Take pictures
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

So stop asking people?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I barely noticed a difference until i lost 50 :/
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost maybe 22 lbs and I don't notice it in the mirror, but I do notice it in certain items of clothing that had been getting tight. Try taking progress pictures for yourself - it's hard to notice the day to day changes, but pictures every month or ten lbs or whatever can really show the changes!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what others think or see. You aren't doing it for them.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    It helps to take measurements before, during and after. Sometimes when the scale doesn't seem to be changing, the measurements will reassure you that you are actually losing.