HIIT workouts

Options
Hey guys! How would I track my HIIT workouts? Would it be under circuit training? Thank you!

Replies

• udebear
    udebear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine track themselves on my garmin watch, I think it just averages out the pace though.
  • sarajcahill
    sarajcahill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ahh I don't have one of those. I track my workouts on my phone or on the website.
  • aguy0980
    aguy0980 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I had same question. I do HIIT and didn't know if I should put choose circuit training on MFP and then add some of the exercises (ie...squats, burpees, etc.). Right now I keep a journal of my workouts on paper.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just dump my entries under Cardio. To get a calorie count I'd suggest investing in a heart rate monitor (one that goes around the chest). I use a version by Polar. It will help you to monitor your workouts that you are staying in the red zone and give a calorie count.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    qweck3 wrote: »
    I just dump my entries under Cardio. To get a calorie count I'd suggest investing in a heart rate monitor (one that goes around the chest). I use a version by Polar. It will help you to monitor your workouts that you are staying in the red zone and give a calorie count.

Heart rate monitors are only somewhat reliable for steady state cardio, not interval training

OP, I'd go with circuit training
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitors are fantastic for knowing what your heart is, what zone you're in.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i second (third or fourth?!) using circuit training.

a HRM isn't going to be very accurate
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    99% of so called HIIT is just interval training, so circuit might be the closest. Unless someone is a professional athlete, really doing HIIT, and then I doubt this person would be here and worried about calories burned ;)
  • sarajcahill
    sarajcahill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!