Day I started my journey .. when did u start?

Options
Pipsqueakz
Pipsqueakz Posts: 1,363 Member
I was 272.6! I bought a gas station hot dog one day.. (after my 3 kids) and one guy in car next too me said.. (damn I'm not hungry anymore) then ate his of course... that day I tossed my hot dog in the trash with my head down low in shame right there in front of him... now I am 130 lighter... wonder to this day if that *kitten* found my 130lbs!!
Let's hear your stories what made u start???

f0twvsmeq1y0.jpg

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Tried everything, finally went to a 12 step meeting. After the meeting I went to Noodles and ate more calories than I currently eat in a day. I decided the next day would be 3 meals nothing in between. Found MFP a month later. Still go to those meetings. I was down 200 at one point, now I'm 266 and headed back to onderland.
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I couldn't fit into my older cloth. I ignored it. I lost all my stamina. I ignored it. I started to have knee and back pain. I ignored it. My 2 year old boy cried when I had constant headache. I started my journey.
  • Pipsqueakz
    Options
    So glad we are all here making a difference in our lives not for only us but our kids and family ♡♡
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,592 Member
    Options
    It's always great to hear stories about "what it took" to get people to change. Congrats and good luck!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Pipsqueakz
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's always great to hear stories about "what it took" to get people to change. Congrats and good luck!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you BUT go Cardinals ♡♡♡
  • becgraceevemaggie
    becgraceevemaggie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Back in May I found all my evenings of binge eating was making me sick. Fat and bread products were giving me pain and nausea dispute having my gallbladder out 2 yrs previously. With high blood pressure and at 18 stone 4lb I realised it wasn't good. Anyway I'm now 38lb lighter and feel more energetic. Bp is now normal and I'm well on my way to being healthier. Btw my fitness pal is brilliant!
  • newlife7654
    newlife7654 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • caleves
    caleves Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have never been a small person ever since i can remenber however i have been healthier and fitter. I was at a similar,weight to this once in my life approximately 300 lbs over 16 years ago after having 2 kids and swore when I went on a,diet that I would never let myself get back there lost 65 lbs and kept it off for years. Then I slowly started to creep back up in weight. Change of jobs,and,fields of employment led to more, inactivity as I now hold strictly a desk job. And this desk job is not my best friend when it comes to keeping my weight down. At least my previous,jobs I used,to get exercise in the,form of walking around as part of my work. Ate,huge meals at suppertime skipped breakfast all the time and didn' t eat very healthy lots of processed foods and carbs.
    Then I found myself about to have to go up a,size for the third time in as many years! I finally said absolutely NOT going to happen! I Bought a scale, signed up for the fitness center at the building I Work in and have been going 4 times per week 60 minutes minimum of being active and moving. Watching what I eat now like a hawk.Cutting way down on sugar, carbs and eating way more green leafy veggies drinking water etc....
    My journey has started ..... I am a work in progress working on getting healthier and fitter each day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!