Getting slack on keeping track of your food

Options
I was doing really great on tracking my food for two months but lately i just keep forgetting to enter it every day.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I log things before they go in my mouth so that I don't forget.
  • Wila6468
    Wila6468 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I start out doing well and being consistent with logging, but around the end of the day, I give up too easily. I need to refer to some of the groups here so that I can stay accountable.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Wila6468 wrote: »
    I start out doing well and being consistent with logging, but around the end of the day, I give up too easily. I need to refer to some of the groups here so that I can stay accountable.

Have you tried pre logging your day? Decide what you want for dinner in the morning (or night before), log that along with any evening snacks you might like, and then work the rest of the day in to fit?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Are you sure you're forgetting, and not just don't want to anymore? If it's forgetfulness, you can set reminders, for instance on your cell phone. Planning ahead is what I think most people do. If you don't want to track, it will be harder. You can of course just make yourself, but I think it can be smart to figure out why. Do you find the logging burdensome? There are ways to make it easier - just having populated your food lists should help a lot. A food scale also helps a lot. Does not tracking give you permission to not think about what and how much you are eating? I think everybody does, even when we try hard not to, and you might worry more, when you don't know for sure.

Or has tracking taught you what you need to know about portion control, and changed your food habits permanently?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with kommodevaran, I find it easy to forget stuff I may not want to do. Your phone will be glad to remind you.

Maybe consider that somewhere in your head you just don't want to track and figure out why not. I think a big obstacle to tracking is the initial learning curve. But you're 2 months in. Bored? Deprived? Impatient?

Only you know the answer.

Weight loss is problem solving.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Accountability is the key to success
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Figure out in which situations you forget it, which might help you to find out why and how to avoid it. The only stuff I ever (nearly) forgot logging was coffee at work, because I wanted to log it when back at my desk but got so caught up and busy in-between that it slipped my mind for some hours.