T25 and running?

Hi, just looking for some advice as I'm an just getting back to working out after some health problems kept me sedentary for a number of months. I have gone running a few times but was also wanting to tone and build some strength as well. I am at my highest weight right now of 173 and hoping for a short term goal of 150, I haven't set a long term goal. I'm about 5'2.

Does anyone have any tips or advice for mixing t25 and running? When I've been running I do a mile it takes me about 13 minutes each time and I'm tracking my progress with the Runkeeper app.

I was thinking I will keep running 3 days a week and do t25 3-4 days a week with one day off and one day where I do both. I have done t25 before but not really stuck to the standard plan as I don't like all the workouts and I find it demotivating to make myself do a video I don't like!

Any help or insight appreciated!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2017
    Look at new rules of lifting for women or strong curves if you want to add some strength training alongside your running.

As cross training for running, swimming and cycling are good.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    I do Insanity and running 3 times a week. I workout in the morning 5 days a week and run in the evening. But listen to your body.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    T25 is not really great for strength training. It's more core and cardio focused. It does have a little strength, but it's just not enough. All of the lunges in alpha round really made my knees sore. I don't know how I would have kept up the running with that. Beta seems easier on the knees, and also offers a bit more strength. I guess you could alternate days and try to use heavier dumbbells on the strength portions. But if you really want to get stronger, start lifting.