Do waist trainers help?

I just purchased a waist trainwr for men and will wear during my work outs because my stomach is my problem area. Even when I loose in other areas my stomach remains. Anyone have any other suggestions to loosing the stomach?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    All they do is crush your insides, it won't make you lose fat around your middle. Within minutes of taking it off your shape will return to normal.

The only way to lose fat is to eat at a deficit until you get to a body fat % you are happy with.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Why do people ask if things work after they've already purchased it?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Nope. You'll sweat more, but sweat ISN'T FAT. And contrary to popular belief, you can't MELT fat out of a cell either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sorry you wasted your money. Is it too late for a refund?
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Nope, waste of money. Losing fat: your body decides where to lose fat from, not you. You can't pick where you lose fat, I wish you could, but that's not how the body works.
  • RamonaRicketts
    RamonaRicketts Posts: 1 Member
    I use a waist trainer because I feel it helps with my posture during workouts. Not a total waste of money.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    They make your belly sweat. I guess it's helpful if you like a sweaty belly. Other than that, they're a waste of money.