New to all of this...arent we all!!

Options
mummafenwick16
mummafenwick16 Posts: 6 Member
Today is day 1 of shorting my ****! Im 22 and a mum to a 26 month old and a 9 month old, breastfeeding both too. We live in New Zealand where my husband is a dairy farmer, he's doing it alongisde me! Would love some ideas and recipes and tips from anyone willing. Id rather do this the wholefoods way, no diety products, no light versions, minimal refind sugars and no sweeteners. We're mostly gluten free at home and trying to keeps costs at a minimum ..... once again, arent we all!!!!

Replies

• JellybabyBaldwin
    Options
    Good on you :-) Breastfeeding two kiddies is full on at the best of times! I am feeding one big 5mth old girl.
  • eats1
    eats1 Posts: 16
    Options
    hi there in NZ! I'm in London and I do the Intermitting Fasting way of eating since March 2013. I have lost 1st 3lbs. Please buy Dr Michael Mosley's 'The Fast Diet, 5:2 diet book (look at his website too). It means you eat normally 5 days each week, the other 2 days you eat 500 cals on each of those 2 non-consecutive days. This way of eating has many other health benefits including balancing blood sugars, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, etc. etc. Dr Mosley is a medical doctor and scientist working for the Horizon Science programme for the BBC. I have never dieted in my life but this way of eating makes sence to me (I'm a nurse). You are guaranteed to lose 1lb each week. I feel fantastic and intend to continue for ever with this way of eating. It is really not actually fasting either as some people claim. I am so used to it - it really is no problem doing it. AND, after the first month or so you are not hungry on 500 cals for 2 days each week. The 2 days are changeable according to your social life, committments, etc. Myfitnesspal really helps to log my 2 days each week. Good luck with it.