Plant based, want to be healthier

Options
Hi everybody. I lost 40 pounds using MFP last year and am back to improve my health.

I still have a couple of medical conditions (borderline high blood pressure and high cholesterol). I'm eating simple plant based food, walk or jog every day, and would welcome friends with the same better health goals.

Replies

• willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    love to talk to you... i sent a friend request... have a great evening
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks, willnorton, just added you.
  • iilove
    iilove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but wanting to be more plant based.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks, iilove, just added you too. :)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request as I just started a plant based diet and hoping to lose a few pounds but really hoping my cholesterol numbers will improve so I will not need medication
  • Sharebear1256
    Sharebear1256 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you need a good plant based protein powder this one is good w1ne2181ww8t.jpg
  • esmerelda9479
    esmerelda9479 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request too. I'm plant based and looking to improve my hbp and sleep apnea
  • KieraDolinski
    KieraDolinski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Veganism, or at least a primarily plant based diet is the best for your overall health and will lower your cholesterol over time :)
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about 3 months and would love to connect with other plant based peeps. Hoping for some open diaries to help me figure out more food options.
  • latinoprince4271
    latinoprince4271 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan with that running and working out I went from 269 to 217, my goal is 165.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect as friends!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you need a good plant based protein powder this one is good w1ne2181ww8t.jpg

I have the Garden of Life Meal Replacement Shake. It is just as high in protein but with added nutrients. I have tried all the flavors and they are all pretty gritty. I drink them because I like what they have in them. I am just wondering how the sport version compares. Has anyone tried both the meal replacement shake and the sport version?
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ^^ Also curious about the protein powder!